Author Topic: Have on of those weeks ...  (Read 1886 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Have on of those weeks ...
« on: May 14, 2020, 10:37:20 AM »
Or two where everything just seems to go completely wrong !? I'm at the point now where I just need to vent and want some one who will listen .

Now I know life will toss the odd curve ball and was always told the if you want to make God laugh ...tell him your plans ! As you all know I was hit by a car last week , healing up just fine and already back in the saddle after repairs . A few nights ago my cheap piece of crap of a TV crapped out on me , 3 times in a month so far and warranty ran out . Well I ficken lost it ! I through the remote at the TV ...missing and taken out two models . My 32 scale SSW D.III and Revells 32 scale Mustang , this really set me off even more to the point that the vaines in my temples exploded ... picking up the remote again I let her rip ! Hits the top part of screen causing a small circle cracking . Okay that didn't sit right with me and I walked up to it and punched it ....it will never work again and cracking a knuckle  ::) . Spent two days looking for all the parts which went flying every where . I did find all the parts and damage to the planes isn't all that bad , repairs won't take long . The arschloch who repaired my rear tire didn't seat the valve stem right ...frist crube I jump ... landing BANG !!!!!! valve stem is nolong attach to the tube ! I really feel just totally frustrated inside and if one more thing goes wrong ....a feel a metal break down coming .

I realllllllly wish I had a pair of gaint green hands , and smash the world .....puniy plant !!!! Wow that feels much better , thanks guys for taking the time to listen

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: Have on of those weeks ...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 11:06:55 AM »
Hang in there Terri, things will get better.  Just remind me never to p*ss you off.   ;)

Offline Ryan

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 11:14:06 AM »
Yikes, well let’s hope you have hit bottom and are trending upward soon.

Ryan

PS punching things is great in the moment but the pain later sucks! I once was so mad at a 1/144 Yak-40 I ripped it in two and stomped on it....leaving its plastic husk strewn all over the floor for weeks.
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 11:39:31 AM »
Mmm Terri, well if you've taken out two aircraft you can take comfort that only a few more will give you Ace status!

Get to 20 and you'll be the recipient of the Blue Max!

Seriously, sorry to hear of your woes and I'm happy to hear you are healing and have not lost your sense of humour.

cheers

Dave W
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline smperry

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 11:57:16 AM »
Better to get that stuff out than to keep it in. Sorry to hear of your bad week, had more than a few of those myself. The up side is that I can't even remember the details of what made those weeks so bad. And that TV is never going to irritate you again :-)
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 12:03:36 PM »
Terri,
    I believe I sense that in addition to crapping out TV's and blown valve stems (and how the heck did I miss that you had a "One V One" with a car!!?) that the Covid thing and all it entails in all of our life styles is getting to you. Me too along with, I suspect, everyone else! I really believe the key is in getting out/away ....... so get that stupid valve problem solved and get some miles on that bike! I'm so determined to get a break and regain my sanity that "Robo Dog" is in seventh heaven of late; rain or shine we get minimum 40 minutes, sometimes even an hour walking in the back 40 here for a change of pace, and I find my (isolated) day looks a hell of a lot better when we get back!
   From one good German to another Max says "Don't worry, be happy" and hopes it works for you! (Taken 3-4 days ago on our walk)

Cheers,
 Lance

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 10:09:49 PM »
Get back on the bike and do some sprints or intervals.  You won't care about any of that stuff afterward.

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 11:31:59 PM »
Hang in there Terri, vent as needed and focus on the silver linings where you can.  Maybe more time for modeling!  Too bad about the collateral damage though.  Also, I find that long bicycle rides sooth my soul.  I go out grumpy and return home to my wife smiling! 

This, too, shall pass. 

Cheers,

Bob

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 02:57:09 AM »
It is good that you feel safe enough to express your frustration here Terri. Letting off stem is important and to use a phrase - "better out than in!" I really empathise that when you tried to let off steam by going for a ride and the valve broke....

I am like Bob and Lance - I go on walks and find that they do help my low moods to pass. Had one of those earlier this week - in a place which is not good to be - but fresh air and sunshine can work wonders. 

I hope that you will be feeling better soon

Stephen.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 03:03:50 AM »
Here, careful smashing up that world, I'm sitting on it!

And - great rant Terri - has it helped?

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 03:05:12 AM »
Buying a kit for the stash helps too.... :)

Ryan
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline Borsos

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2020, 03:16:06 AM »
 :-[ ouch.
Good luck, Terri. Things will get better.
All the best,
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2020, 11:10:06 AM »
Thank-you for listening in folks on my rant and my apologizies for the few swear words which were tossed in . I hope no one took offence .

It did feel good punching that TV , knuckle is doing much better . Not something I will be doing again any time soon . Will going shopping this weekend for a new one . I still have the small TV I got from my Dad years ago , it's over 25 years and still works ! just to small for my eyes ! Bike will be repair tomorrow , found a shop which has my tube size in stock , will be picking up two and do the work myself like I should have done in the first place and I will be hitting the trails this weekend ..I want to go fast with lots of jumps with rocking tunes .

Juan , you having nothing to worry about  ;)

Ryan , I have tossed kits in the trash , but never stomp something into the ground , will have to try this if it ever happens again . Thanks for the tip ! ;)  Not sure of adding a new kit in this stash will be a good thing ...but I do need more supplies  ;)

Dave , that made me laugh ! Ace status . Sieben my cat has Ace status though  ;) Five of my WW 2 builds , mostly tail wheels and antanas except of my F4U Corsair , that I haven't even started to repair yet . I already have a Bluemax , got a pin in one of Eduards Limited Edition kit  ;)

SP , no it won't  ;) My new one will not be one of those smart TV at all .

Lance , yes with everything going on right now builds up inside after awhile and not having family here makes it even harder at times . Max is very wise , give him a hug for me  8)

Ken and Bob , will be hitting the trails this weekend , in a good way ! 

Stephen , don't know about being brave but I do have have my moments . ;)

Richard , no fear ...I'll make sure that you are off the planet first with minor hick ups  of course  ;)

Andreas , they have already started , thanks  :)

Thanks again everyone !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline MarkyMark62

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2020, 01:19:39 PM »
Hi Terri,  hope your luck has changed. Be careful on those trails. 18 months ago I bought myself an EMTB to get back into mountain biking. It's one of the best things I have ever bought in my life.
Unfortunately I haven't been out on it for ages due to a painful knee that has been diagnosed as arthritis but I'm not convinced that it is that. I was supposed to go for an x-ray but then the whole Covid-19 thing took off and the pi set place I wanted to go to a hospital.
I run a tubeless up on mine.
Oh and why an EMTB? At the age of 57 when I got it, now 58, I felt I needed a little assistance 😀
Cheers, Mark

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2020, 12:42:07 AM »
Thanks Mark  , I'm not ready for a e-bike just yet but at the way I'm going it might be awhile before my luck improves . Walking back to the bus stop after picking the new tubes , I tripped on a raised part of the sidewalk and landing on my right elbow ! Now I have this issue of two left feet ! Great , how much is a right foot going for these days ??? All in all I'm feeling great and will be back in front of the bench this weekend .

Arthritis I know all to well , I have it in my hips , knees , fingers and just a few yes ago I was diang-with muscluar arthritis in my thigh muscles , I really have bad days when the weather changes to the point I can't stand or walk , legs just won't work .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch