Author Topic: Pfalz D.III cowling pictures?  (Read 1039 times)

Offline erikr

Pfalz D.III cowling pictures?
« on: May 13, 2020, 03:26:59 AM »
Hello everybody!

Does anyone know of any clear pictures showing the gun troughs and cowling contours of the Pfalz D.III.  I cannot seem to find a single clear picture that shows a good view of the cowling panels with the buried guns.

Thanks very much for your help!
ErikR

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Pfalz D.III cowling pictures?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 09:30:12 AM »
This question was asked before and sorry to say that there isn't any really clear photo of this . Best source is Windsock Datafile or Jack Harris books on the subject . Even then still no clear picture . Sorry I could have been more aid to your question .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline erikr

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 10:57:40 PM »
Thank you for your quick reply Terri!  That's what I was afraid of.  It seems strange that very few clear component pictures (cowling, cockpit ...) exist of such an important aircraft!

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 01:32:10 PM »
Why is a dearth of Pfalz D.III detail photos so surprising? In 1917 no one was walking around with a film camera, and most period photos documented people, not airframes. Finally the pics you’re looking for may have been taken, but simply lost to that second world conflagration.
Regards, Rob