Author Topic: Let's try again...  (Read 1207 times)

Offline GazzaS

Let's try again...
« on: May 06, 2020, 04:24:18 PM »
Hi everyone,
      I seem to have trouble keeping my WWI aircraft and warship model momentum going.  I often find myself thinking of WWI aircraft models that I have in my stash, but there is always so much to do.  I have a lot more tanks and WWII aircraft so I get bogged in them and before I know it, a year has passed since I touched anything covered in canvas.

Generally I have two or three models going at once, and I try to avoid dispersing my interest too much.  But the demise of WNW has really brought WWI back into focus.  I had to do a little panic buying to double my small WNW stash, and I've had to reach out and try to get some Roden too before it went crazy.  But Roden's prices have jumped 25% or more, too.

I'll try to be better at participating.

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline Borsos

Re: Let's try again...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 04:47:50 PM »
Hi Gaz,
Great to see you back!
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 05:02:20 PM »
G'day Gaz

Good to see you back mate. Don't worry about your WW1 interests fluctuating, our bit of the hobby has always been a bit of a hobby rollercoaster. Ups and downs define WW1 modelling!

I wouldn't stress the Wingnut Wings thing too much. Very sad to see them close but there are countless thousands of pristine, unmade kits in circulation and once the "these are more valuable than toilet paper" hoarders lose interest and move on, those hoarded WnW kits will filter on to the market at more reasonable prices.

I expect people will still be building Wingnut kits for some years to come. It's still quite easy to source classic Aurora WW1 kits and how many years has it been since that brand disappeared?

In the meantime Roden, Copper State, Special Hobby, Lukgraph, Eduard and others doing WW1 land war subjects like MiniArt and ICM are keeping our WW1 hobby ticking along nicely.

cheers

Dave W
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 06:05:16 PM »
Hello Gaz, I think you are not alone in splitting your time within several different interests. As this is my usual condition, you have all my support. Nice to see you again on the forum!
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 03:10:54 PM »
Thank you all for your supportive comments!

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 05:39:55 PM »
Thank you all for your supportive comments!

Welcome home.  ;)

von B

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 08:46:38 PM »
Thank you, Bob!

Offline Monty

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 05:38:18 AM »
Hi Gaz! Good to see you here! Looking forward to seeing some of your builds! Regards, Marc

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2020, 12:52:55 PM »
Thanks, Marc!