Author Topic: Lost Aurora Gotha kit found  (Read 1351 times)

Offline smperry

Lost Aurora Gotha kit found
« on: May 06, 2020, 11:18:23 AM »
I remember finally having snagged an Aurora Gotha back in the day when that was the only Gotha in town. Then mere months later Eric Height of CSM came out with one and what was once plastic gold became junk overnight. Well nothing like a smack in face with a gauntlet to get my modeling juices flowing, so throwing good  money after bad, I ordered the large CSM PE fret for their 1/48 Gotha as well as a set of cast metal bombs with PE fins. I was going to do an epic Gotha until the project got one thing and anothered into oblivion and I lost track of the kit.

I found the kit today hiding in a Glencoe Albatros box of all places. Of course I found it today after posting that I was getting a bit tired of old kits. This kit still has the potential to become a pretty decent model with a little TLC, (Tedious, Laborious, Craftsmanship). I'm undecided if I am willing to take up the challenge, but it is nice to locate the kit again and know the challenge is there.

There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline Pup7309

Re: Lost Aurora Gotha kit found
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 04:01:33 PM »
Great story! Classic kit. Well the wing shapes look good. Look forward to seeing the end result!
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 06:38:19 PM »
Please, please check the wing shape before you start!

;D

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 07:50:09 AM »
I built one of these beasties when I was a kid.  Those old Aurora kits still have a special place for me.