Author Topic: Support your suppliers!  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Europapete

Support your suppliers!
« on: April 28, 2020, 10:39:57 AM »
Hi All, may I ask everybody to either send a note of encouragement/order promise/ or an actual order with payment to any and all your favorite aftermarket suppliers. They are mostly one man bands operating on very tight budgets and NEED every order we can send.  On my end, I like Aviattic, Taurus, Gaspatch, PART, Toms Model Works, Pheon Decals, CSM, and a whole host of others. Aviattic and Pheon orders are sent, Lucasz at Taurus is hamstringed by the Polish postal service being shut down, but if we email him order promises it may encourage him to keep going and prepare stock to send out when restrictions are lifted. I have sent him an email. Please, the rest of you do too. Gaspatch are still able to trade, they are my next order, please contact them too. BOTH my LHS's have been forced to close due to government restrictions, and while I am reserving $$ for them, I have not heard any news of late. Please do what you can to help these gallant enterprises stay in buisness. Regards, Pete in RI

Offline MarkyMark62

Re: Support your suppliers!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 09:09:29 PM »
Have to agree with this. I have placed an order with CSM and Pheon. Unfortunately I have blown my budget for the next few months now so cannot help anyone else at the moment.
I hope all these guys survive, it's up to us to help them keep going during these difficult times. otherwise they won't be around when we do want/need them.
I find it hard to believe that the postal service in Poland has been shut down completely. Completely different to here in the UK where the government is encouraging us to use online/mail order companies.
Regards, Mark

Dekenba1

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 09:10:51 PM »
Am I alone in thinking that at this time, when thousands of people all over the world are dying prematurely every day, that there are many more important organisations that require our money?

Or am I just a miserable old git?

Offline Thumbs up

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 09:18:38 PM »
Dear Miserable Git,
   On average 2 million people die in the USA every year,everything from old age to drug abuse and everything you can imagine in between!!!!! Wake up!! And get some perspective!

Offline MarkyMark62

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 09:22:55 PM »
Am I alone in thinking that at this time, when thousands of people all over the world are dying prematurely every day, that there are many more important organisations that require our money?

Or am I just a miserable old git?

I don't think you are being a miserable old git at all. You are looking from a different perspective. I have made a few donations to charities as well and we also had a bit of a fund raiser at work
for the NHS. There aren't all that many at work at the moment due to some people being furloughed but we still raised over £150.
But you are right in the grand scheme of things but wouldn't we miss these cottage industries if they did fold. It's a difficult situation.
I don't know if you are in the UK but I also donated to Captain Tom, who has raised more for the NHS than could ever be imagined. Now on the radio this morning there was an elderly lady who is
climbing her stairs to the equivalent height of the highest mountain near her. When does it stop? Is she, dare I say it, kind of jumping on the band wagon?
I do wish her the best of luck though.
Cheers, Mark

Offline macsporran

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 11:17:25 PM »
Come on, guys, it's up to each individual if they wish (and can afford,) to buy stuff just now. Dave and others have already reminded us of the plight of the AM suppliers and that's valuable and many of us have acted up on it - but that is as far as it should go. You cannot tell somebody they have to buy something if they don't want to, whether for reasons of lack of requirement, or wishing to send their extra cash elsewhere.

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 12:22:58 AM »
Guys, Guys, Guys, ........
Let's all keep it cool here, all well intended I know however before it goes any further down the road of emotional disagreement I have to put on my referee's sweater and issue a general request to settle down. I don't believe for one minute that anyone of our Membership is insensitive to the significance of what we are all dealing with re: the Global Pandemic nor do I see a reminder to support those who support our hobby if and when able as a bad thing given the state of the global economy. Let's all just keep in mind that we are all in the same barrel, without exception, and harmony will get us back out a lot quicker then confrontation. Let's help if we can and also continue to contribute and actively assist where able the causes that are fighting this horrible battle on behalf of all.
Cheers,
Lance

Dekenba1

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2020, 03:18:35 AM »
Dear Miserable Git,
   On average 2 million people die in the USA every year,everything from old age to drug abuse and everything you can imagine in between!!!!! Wake up!! And get some perspective!

Good grief 😔

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2020, 04:59:57 AM »
As a small supplier of goodies may I say that from the moment the news hit the web that WNW was closing it's doors I have been very well supported by my modelling brethren.
A massive thank you to all those who continue to use my services. I don't take your loyalty for granted.

I have expanded!  :o I now have a new eyelet for the discerning elastic rigger. I give you...

von B  8)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Thumbs up

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2020, 09:43:07 PM »
Dear Miserable Git,

Good grief 😔

Australia is on Lockdown,because, sadly 90 people have died from the Corona Virus!!!! Perspective is so important!

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2020, 10:00:11 PM »
Okay folks, this thread is again developing into something I do not want to see on this forum.

Emotions are running high with coronavirus deaths and lockdowns and the core message of this thread - support our aftermarket businesses- has been well made but we are again now veering toward argument on matters that are not the business of this forum.

Please keep this discussion civil and on topic. If not, I know how to work the topic delete key ( it's the one on the keyboard shaped like a sledgehammer).

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Dekenba1

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2020, 11:13:53 PM »
My apologies.

I'm now utilising the block user feature.