Author Topic: AEG C-IV 48th Sierra Vac  (Read 1338 times)

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

AEG C-IV 48th Sierra Vac
« on: November 26, 2012, 11:55:37 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I just finished this one tonight.  I put on the windshield, upper wing center section radiator stuff (don't know what all of it was for other than a filler cap...help??  :-[), lines going from those parts into the engine down the cabane, a bottom wing compass and some final weathering.  I just can't believe that folks are basically giving these things away at model shows.  I got this one for $2.50 and what great fun it's been.  I have a nice and unique little model now that I doubt will be kitted any time soon.

Thanks for looking.  Not sure what's next, but probably another vac...or WNW...or a scratch vac...or all three!  I have a Sierra Albatros two-seater that would nice for the group build... ;D

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Dan

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: AEG C-IV 48th Sierra Vac
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 11:59:58 AM »
Truly gorgeous, Dan.  Love it!  Another inspirational project from your very talented bench.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 05:30:16 PM »
Lovely! Striking scheme! And vacu build to such a great standard! Congratulations.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 04:04:45 PM »
very nice stuff, i followed your build since the beginning and it really turned out nice, i love the paint job. i have the same type thing marked for a hetzer i am building, armor modellers call it tortoise shell camo. regardless you should be proud of this really nice model.