Author Topic: Wingnut Wings has been permanently closed down  (Read 40612 times)

Offline Ryan

Re: Wingnut Wings has been permanently closed down
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2020, 10:13:26 PM »
What i meant to say is, that at least there is an alternative... for most of the WnW catalogue there are no other models available. I'd expect some of those to be so expensive.
I have both (the Roden is a Viper), and yes, the Roden isn't as good, but the WnW isn't flawless either ;)
Better up my insurance! :P

Jeroen

I agree.

The Roden kits, in terms of value for money, have always struck me as bargains. They can be had for less than £30. Not perfect, but certainly not bad.

Now WNW have ceased, Roden kits now look like outstanding value compared them.

Last week, I bought 16 Roden 1/32 WWI kits, at an average price of about £25. They cost a little over £400 delivered

That £400 would now buy less than a handful of WNW kits.

Bargain.

One can assume you are adding a basement to your modeling shack?  ;D

Ryan

In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2020, 02:47:47 AM »
Ringleheim,

The WNW experience was one we all are certainly missing right now, but if you take all the romance out of it...its a business.

No commercial firm has any obligation to post reasons for it's operating status or possible plans for the future.

If you look at the business before these turn of events, they were not exactly forthcoming on new releases etc. (is any company?) Even in this unusual world state why would we expect differently?

I was encouraged to receive an email message from them recently about reopening sales when they can, but I'm not going to count the days until that happens.

In my view, why would they open retail sales to guys like us when they can wholesale the lot to dealers for a quick turnaround.

There is nothing we can do.

Respectfully,
Ryan

I hear you, Ryan, but if the company is closed for good, I *do* think they have an obligation to say so, maybe with a thanks to their customers thrown in for good measure.  I agree they don't need to explain why or add anything further. 

What they are doing now is not a good look.  In fact, the way this entire thing has been handled is not a good look for Peter Jackson or the company's legacy.  I'm guessing he doesn't care.

Dekenba1

« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2020, 05:50:48 AM »
What i meant to say is, that at least there is an alternative... for most of the WnW catalogue there are no other models available. I'd expect some of those to be so expensive.
I have both (the Roden is a Viper), and yes, the Roden isn't as good, but the WnW isn't flawless either ;)
Better up my insurance! :P

Jeroen

I agree.

The Roden kits, in terms of value for money, have always struck me as bargains. They can be had for less than £30. Not perfect, but certainly not bad.

Now WNW have ceased, Roden kits now look like outstanding value compared them.

Last week, I bought 16 Roden 1/32 WWI kits, at an average price of about £25. They cost a little over £400 delivered

That £400 would now buy less than a handful of WNW kits.

Bargain.

One can assume you are adding a basement to your modeling shack?  ;D

Ryan

I'm adding a modelling shack to my modelling shack.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2020, 07:13:00 AM »
I approve.  ;D
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2020, 07:45:27 AM »
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."