Author Topic: Hello, Fellas  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Old Man

Hello, Fellas
« on: April 12, 2020, 11:16:50 PM »
It has certainly been a while.

But present circumstances are conducive to nostalgia, and I began looking up my old models on-line, which led me back here.

It is a matter of regret to me that my nature is not too sociable, and that I have often in my life let relationships lapse for no good reason. This was always a friendly place, and enjoyable to visit.

I am very sad to learn of the passing of Mr. Dellatorre. The best damn modeller I ever saw.

I hope to renew acquaintance with the rest of you.

Be well, and stay safe!

Offline RAGIII

Re: Hello, Fellas
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 12:48:34 AM »
Nice to see you drop in and say Hello. It has been a while! You also Stay Safe.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 02:12:21 AM »
Welcome back OM! I had long been wondering what had happened to you - you have been sorely missed at least by me. I am really looking forward to seeing what magic will roll off your desk in the next few months- please do not keep us waiting for too long.

Stephen.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 03:02:55 AM »
It's good to see you posting, Old Man!
Carry on!

vB  8)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 05:04:54 AM »
Hey, Old Man!  Great to see you back!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 05:42:42 AM »
   Welcome back to the fold Old Man, nice to hear from you again!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Old Man

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 07:19:25 AM »
Thank you for the welcome, gentlemen.

I am going to try and fit some modeling in again --- the 'lock-down' group build has an interesting theme, I had just recently been looking at my 'El Sonora' scratch-build, paused halfway through but still intact. Starting it up would take some study of my various 'Martin' photographs and such.

Nothing really happened, and it was kind of odd. A really cracker-jack drug was prescribed for my leukemia, and it helped a lot. Which you would think a fellow would find cheering, but contrary cuss that I am, what it did was make me finally realize just how ill I really was, and had been for a long time. Got me sorting through a lot in my mind, and paying closer attention to the immediate partners of my life, and we had to put all the modelling stuff away one Christmas cause there would a toddler grand-daughter loose (I work in our living room), and I just never unpacked it. A couple of weeks ago I was un-packing and going through it, more with an eye to saving space then anything else, and was surprised by how much I had left off half-done.

The last model I completed was a Curtiss AT-9, a twin-engine WWII trainer. I will put it up in the off-topic builds forum.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 11:17:20 AM »
I missed this , welcome back Old Man .  :) :) :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline IanB

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 04:14:40 PM »
Welcome back Old Man, good to see you again!

Ian

Offline Monty

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2020, 10:05:46 PM »
Good to see you come back, Old Man! And still modelling, that's great! Regards, Marc.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 08:04:43 AM »
 Welcome back my old friend. I hope your outstanding projects will grace this site in short order.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"