Author Topic: WNW Albatross DV seat belt problem  (Read 1091 times)

Offline tim garrison

WNW Albatross DV seat belt problem
« on: April 10, 2020, 04:05:41 PM »
I'm having serious trouble with my WNW Albatross DV (von Richthofen) build. The photo etched shoulder straps on the harness are too short to reach the anchor points in the bulkhead. What is really baffling about it is that an earlier WNW Albatross I built didn't have this problem. Is anybody else experiencing this craziness?

Offline RAGIII

Re: WNW Albatross DV seat belt problem
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 09:25:58 PM »
WNW changed the PE belts on this kit...Don't know why. Look on their site as they may have given a correction method. You can try cutting the center strap and see if that helps. I replaced mine with belts from another Albatros kit.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Dave in Dubai

• Beyond the blue horizon
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 09:56:29 PM »
Try obtaining an HGW sestbelts set as a replacement. The fabric belts look better than the brass ones supplied in the kit.

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 12:24:56 AM »
If you do want brass items, Eduard has a nice set prepainted.
It is marketed for the Roden Albatros D.III, but most if not all items can be used for a WnW kit. I have done so several times when doing a wooden hull as you can easily replace all the fuselage inspection panels with pe items and makes using wood-print decals a lot easier and faster.
HGW have also several sets that include fuselage panals, but none with pe seatbelts as far as I know

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 01:25:49 AM »
If you do want brass items, Eduard has a nice set prepainted.
It is marketed for the Roden Albatros D.III, but most if not all items can be used for a WnW kit. I have done so several times when doing a wooden hull as you can easily replace all the fuselage inspection panels with pe items and makes using wood-print decals a lot easier and faster.
HGW have also several sets that include fuselage panals, but none with pe seatbelts as far as I know

Yep, The Albatros belts I used in My Build of the MvR version of the WNW kit were from an Eduard set included in the Encore DII kit.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline tim garrison

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 10:56:34 AM »
Gotta say I'm disappointed in WNW. I contacted them and got a one sentence reply directing me to the hints and tips for this model. Their idea of a "fix" to one of the most prominent features of the model is to remove the cross piece, making the harness historically inaccurate. So much for their storied attention to detail and accuracy....not to mention customer service.  >:(