Author Topic: Ansaldo SVA 5 1:48 Spin Kit  (Read 2225 times)

Offline smperry

Ansaldo SVA 5 1:48 Spin Kit
« on: April 04, 2020, 07:45:09 AM »
I was able to finish this one after the cat killed my laptop. It sat half done in its box for over 10 yrs. I want to thank Roberto for all his help in getting the details right for the machine in question. Kind of important when the actual machine you are modeling exists on display in a museum. Also thanks to all who responded and encouraged me to finish this kit. I learned and relearned more than the finished model would indicate hopefully future builds will show that.
sp

There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Ansaldo SVA 5 1:48 Spin Kit
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 08:35:07 AM »
    VERY nice sp, the finish is really sharp. I particularly like the results you got on the mottled upper wing top surface, looks right on the mark to me. You can be proud of this one, particularly after rescuing it from a 10 year "time out"! Keep them coming, most impressive!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 08:37:42 AM »
WOW! This SOD build really came out Fantastic! I Love your work and enjoyed following along!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline smperry

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 11:42:34 AM »
Thanks Lance. I would not have gotten it correct if Roberto hadn't stepped in with a great photo, so I was able to go back and get the green (straight Testors green) dabbed on more densely. I'm proud to have finally finished it, but even prouder of the help and support from this group that the model represents. A treasured addition to the case, even if the tailfeathers are a tad crooked :-)

Thanks Rick. I had to cheat and start this SoD Cookup entry early on account of handling all those photos for the cookup. Now the fun begins as I resurrect the files after the cat disappeared them.
sp

There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 12:05:13 PM »
For 10 years in the making you did a really nice job on this bird SP , well done sir  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 02:47:01 AM »
Masterpiece number two! Two on the same day - I could NEVER do that! Lance has written that the upper wing colours are spot on - I wholly agree - wonderful. I am really looking forward to seeing more of your builds - hopefully some scratch builds among them.

Stephen.

Offline AndRoby67

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 04:07:40 AM »
Happy to see that you finished it!
Happy too about that my help was good for you.
I think this is one of the kit most difficult to realize in whole market, sure I had trash it in your place.
Many compliments!
Roberto

Offline smperry

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 04:24:34 AM »
Thank you Terri. It took about a month of bench time with a 10 yr halftime in between.  I still never found what caused me to shelve it in the first place. Most likely that was along about when I got sucked into flying RC models.

Very kind words Stephen, Thank you. I have a just started Nieuport IV scratch build I am thinking of working on. We shall see.

Roberto, Thanks so much for your help, it made this project more fun and resulted in a more accurate model. I've built worse kits, but this one was no picnic either.

sp

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 07:45:12 AM »
You are doing well on your shelf of doom

You said: " I still never found what caused me to shelve it in the first place". I get obsessed with silly details and find myself stuck trying to recreate things that probably don't matter. The shelf of doom is there so enough time can pass for me to forget what I got stuck on. Then I start fresh

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline smperry

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2020, 08:05:08 AM »
Richard
One of the few benefits of a no longer fully functional memory.
sp

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 08:08:29 AM »
Richard
One of the few benefits of a no longer fully functional memory.
sp

Use it to your advantage - it seems to be working well so far

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline smperry

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2020, 08:52:42 AM »
What???
:-)
sp

Offline DR-I Ace

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2020, 07:45:10 AM »
Nicely done !

Ed

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2020, 01:17:26 AM »
Nice finish for this not often seen plane.

Bughunter

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2020, 06:13:51 AM »
Thanks for showing your little Ansaldo! That is really a colorful bird, very tempting.

I have the 1/48 SVA 5 from Fly in my stash, and I think this will be my first try to build a Fly kit in a in the not too distant future.

Cheers,
Frank