Author Topic: Paul Schmitt PS.7 1:72 scratch built  (Read 2351 times)

Offline smperry

Paul Schmitt PS.7 1:72 scratch built
« on: April 04, 2020, 07:12:59 AM »
Finished after 16 years. Had the top wing on and knocked a book over in it. Stuck it in a box and worked on it and off over the years. Finished last night. I have the greatest respect for those here building scratch built masterpieces. I did well just getting this one together and finished.
sp

There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
Re: Paul Schmitt PS.7 1:72 scratch built
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 07:19:56 AM »
I had to Google that one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Schmitt_P.S.7

That's a really nice piece of small scale modelling

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 08:29:29 AM »
   Great model sp, a three bay biplane with sprue rigging, that's no small feat in itself! I really like the color, is that your own mix or out of the bottle?
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 08:36:19 AM »
Unbelievable Steven! I think your build ranks with any of those we have seen here! I also Love the old school sprue rigging. It still works and I use it in many applications on My builds  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline smperry

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 11:33:48 AM »
Thanks Richard. I found it in the big French Aircraft book. I was looking for straight, even chord wings and a slab sided fuselage. I should have paid more attention to 3 bay wings.

Thank you Lance. The wings are done in my own mix if acryl and Pledge. The ribs were marked with watercolor pencil and blended with a damp swab before a light final coat of CDL.

Kind words Rick. Diego from the List talked me into saving the wreckage after a book fell on it. I'm glad he did and even gladder to be finished.

Lance and Terri (from the build thread) Ya gotta love those critters no matter what they do. Who else gives you sad eyes when you mess something up on a model.

Terri, I will tell you about your Corsair what Diego told me about the PS.7. "Put it in a box and put that on a shelf. The time will come when it is time to rebuild it". I hope your Dad's Corsair's time gets here sooner than the PS.7's.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 12:14:24 PM »
SP ,

Now that is really nice !  8)

Terri , one day i will Sp , thanks !
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 01:14:10 PM »
That's a machine!  At least you got it done.  I have a triplane and a WNW Roland that crushed and they are still sitting.  I admire your completion!

Neat model and one I, for one, have not seen!  Neat-oh...Dan

Offline smperry

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 02:04:24 PM »
Thanks Dan
I have a CSM Lohner C.II that tried to glide down from a 6 foot high shelf. Terrible glide angle, seemed nose heavy. Swept up the scattered pieces with a dust pan and brush. Eventually rebuilt it and took a third place at an IPMS regional.  so don't give up on the tripe or the Roland, just consider them temporally assigned to the Depot.
sp

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 02:44:44 AM »
As a scratch builder I take my hat off to you sir! That is a wonderful piece of scrath building - the more so as it is a 3 bay biplane. I am pleased that you finished it too - a new type to me but a gem of a model to look at.

Stephen.

Offline smperry

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2020, 04:44:21 AM »
Stephen
Such high praise from a Master. I will have to think about another scratch build once the swelling of my head subsides.
Thanks and I sure enjoy watching your scratch builds come together, I learn something almost every update.
sp

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 07:17:15 AM »
Thanks Richard. I found it in the big French Aircraft book.

I must get one of those, I have the big British Aeroplane book

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2020, 01:21:54 AM »
That's an impressive looking build!  Those wings sure are long.  Great scratchbuilding and it's a chance to see something new and different.

Offline RichieW

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2020, 06:27:32 AM »
Love it, you did a lot better than just getting it finished. It looks really elegant and incredibly intricate to me, all scratch built too!

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 02:26:52 AM »
can't add anything to all the above but join in with whole hearted praise !

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline smperry

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2020, 04:27:00 AM »
Richard, Ken, Richie and Ed, thanks for the comments they are greatly appreciated.
sp