Author Topic: LVG C.VI Aileron Control Lines and Rigging Questions  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Chris Johnson

LVG C.VI Aileron Control Lines and Rigging Questions
« on: November 25, 2012, 01:21:44 AM »
1), When adding aileron control lines to my LVG C.VI, I'm assuming that these lines 'disappear' into the top side of the lower wing. No eyelets there, correct?

2) Should I use eyelets where the lines meet the two juncture points on the ailerons themselves, or do they need to disappear inside them too?

3) When rigging the cabane struts, do the right and left side lines form an 'X' (cross over each other) where they attach to the top of the fuselage?

I hope this all makes sense and I apologize for my ignorance of the proper terminology.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Chris Johnson

Re: LVG C.VI Aileron Control Lines and Rigging Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 02:33:54 AM »
I'm going to try this one more time in hopes that someone can tell me the correct configuration for the cabane rigging on my LVG C.VI.

Is it 'A' or 'B'?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 03:14:42 AM »
I have both Datafiles on the LVG C.VI, Chris, and although the latest one doesn't really show the center section strut rigging clearly, the first one, Datafile #17, does on pages 20 through 23.  These photos indicate that your drawing "B" is correct.  Have fun.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 03:20:44 AM »
Thanks Bud. Left to my own devices, I'd have bet money on 'A'. Whew!

Cheers,

Chris

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 03:47:20 AM »
Thanks Bud. Left to my own devices, I'd have bet money on 'A'. Whew!

Cheers,

Chris
Well, it sure looks like 'A' in most photos, but that's because of the fore and aft cross bracing.  There's just so damned much of it in that small area that it's very difficult to sort out.  Like I said, these are the only photos out of the many that actually show the configuration clearly.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 06:25:58 AM »
Chris,
   Do I sense a touch of or progressive case of AMS? Devil's in the details, old Buddy, GO-GO-GO!
Cheers,
Lance ;)

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 09:24:19 AM »
Chris,
   Do I sense a touch of or progressive case of AMS? Devil's in the details, old Buddy, GO-GO-GO!
Cheers,
Lance ;)

I plead guilty! I hate to put a lot of work into these models only to find out that I've made a very visible rigging mistake.

Cheers,

Chris

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 09:26:46 AM »
You're right about the cables to the ailerons: nothing where it goes into the lower wing.

Thanks for that info!

Cheers,

Chris