Author Topic: WNW Clerget Camel: Sold Out!  (Read 2385 times)

Offline RAGIII

WNW Clerget Camel: Sold Out!
« on: March 31, 2020, 07:34:11 AM »
Saw this today. The Clerget version of the Camel is Sold Out at WNW.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline James

WNW Clerget Camel: Sold Out!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 07:43:54 AM »
I saw that earlier. This is the only Camel I have, as this version, "Clerget" has markings for one that got a Gotha, and this and the Pup I have, were both involved against the Gotha raids against Britain.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: WNW Clerget Camel: Sold Out!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 08:30:58 AM »
Wow.  Still available at some retailers (for now), engine sprue is still available from WNW.

Offline fruibal

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 11:18:05 AM »
Why so much buzz, when something goes "out of stock" at WNW? Is this forum being sponsored by WNW? C'mon it's not the end of the world

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 11:33:03 AM »
Why so much buzz, when something goes "out of stock" at WNW? Is this forum being sponsored by WNW? C'mon it's not the end of the world

Quite to the contrary, this Forum is a completely independent and member orientated not for profit grouping administered by a very small number of volunteers. I welcome notice of significant changes in any of our suppliers inventories. It is indeed "not the end of the world", rather just a polite "heads up" from a sharing member. I'm certain the Clerget camel will re-surface sooner then later with a different box top given the past record.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 11:51:39 AM »
Just to emphasise the excellent points made by Lance in response to the "Is this forum being sponsored by WNW?" remark, I can confirm Wingnuts does not sponsor this Forum, nor does any other kit manufacturer provide sponsorship to us.

We are supported through kind donations from Pheon for which I am extremely grateful.

Several hobby businesses kindly support the Forum by providing review samples of their products but at present Wingnuts does not do this.

Forum references to Wingnuts news stems from a strong interest in WnW kits by the membership, but the Forum is not influenced or driven in any way by Wingnuts or any other model company. We are a volunteer-run entity funded wholly by donations.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 10:13:25 PM by Dave W »
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 09:05:33 PM »
i saw that and got mine from Hobby Link Japan. they can still get 'em, and the price was a few bucks better than list price (before ordering anything from HLJ, COMPARE, prices vary a lot).

this particular boxing is important to me because of Barker's ship. they've already done his snipe so another Clerget boxing won't do it for me.

FWIW the duelist Camel is a Clerget.

PS#2 i read (well, listened to) Open Cockpit by Arthur Gould

PS what Lance said. most of the people talking about WNW aren't even volunteers. turns out that, for a lot of people on this forum, WNW do the right subjects in the right scale, and do it well. most of us who are keen on WNW are happy to see more good kits from other manufacturers CSM's Nieuports are exquisite. has *nothing* to do with "the end of the world." it's a hobby. if you don't care about your hobby, you're in the wrong hobby.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 12:28:22 AM »
I am pretty certain that the USAS version also comes with the Clerget in addition to the Rhone Gnome. ( Not sure I spelled that correctly)
RAGIII

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 06:04:56 AM »
This version of the Clerget Camel may be gone, but it will be back again.  It's still available with the US markings and as part of the duelist offering.
Honor Necessity

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 10:21:06 PM »
This version of the Clerget Camel may be gone, but it will be back again.  It's still available with the US markings and as part of the duelist offering.

Yep, I posted this as a heads up. Probably still some at various distributors.
RAGIII

Offline RichieW

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2020, 01:15:36 AM »
Hannants UK have quite a few in stock, one less than when i read the news that WNW are probably foldin.

Dekenba1

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2020, 04:33:29 AM »

Wingnut Wings, when they first started out 10 years ago, said that all of their kits are limited runs.

So you are seeing "Out of Stock"

We are seeing "Gone forever".

Online Gene K

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2020, 09:24:08 AM »
Just to emphasise the excellent points made by Lance in response to the "Is this forum being sponsored by WNW?" remark ... .

That comment by fruibal was a newbie troll if I ever saw one (intentional or not), but your and Lance's answers were typically respectful and first class.

Gene K