Author Topic: Revell 1/28 Scale Fokker D.VII  (Read 31282 times)

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
Re: Revell 1/28 Scale Fokker D.VII
« Reply #150 on: September 18, 2020, 03:50:29 AM »
Nice detailing with those panel fasteners.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2020, 06:45:47 AM »
The copper tube gear legs and your Fokker Nuts look awesome! Excellent work!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2020, 05:11:19 AM »
Superb super-detailing going on here. I am coming around to the idea of using brass for undercarriage legs given the problems that I have been working on recently.

Stephen.

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2020, 07:36:13 AM »
Moving along nicely !!

ED
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2020, 11:00:24 AM »
Nice touch with the fasteners Kevin , those struts turned out really well to boot !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Monty

« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2020, 06:53:54 PM »
Beautiful progress on this one! There are lots of problems with this kit that needs fixing - and then it creates more problems! Replacing all the struts is the only way to go... This is the go-to thread for anyone contemplating this model... Well done, Kevin!

Offline Radarman

« Reply #156 on: September 22, 2020, 11:23:58 PM »
Hello everyone,
Thanks, once again, for the positive comments and encouragement you've sent my way.

I've been working on the rudder/vertical stabilizer along with the elevator/horizontal stabilizer.

The vertical stabilizer was too tall and too short in length. I separated the rudder from the fin then removed approximately 2mm off the bottom
of the fin. A piece of the removed plastic was then glued to the end of the fin, adding 2mm to the length and correcting the proportions.
The rudder was then pinned with brass wire and reattached. I added a control horn from scrap brass and reproduced the hinges with aluminum tape.

The shape and proportions of the horizontal stabilizer and elevator were corrected in an earlier post. I added control horns to the elevator and pinned it
to the stabilizer with the often seen droop.

I'm now approaching the point of adding decals to the wings and digging out my airbrush to add some colour to the fuselage.

Happy Modeling,
                                                                                                                                                    Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #157 on: September 23, 2020, 12:06:54 AM »
Your DVII build continues to be awesome and inspiring! Excellent work on the fin,  rudder and control horns!

RAGIII

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2020, 05:07:10 AM »
The control horns, and hinges on the rudder are excellent. This is called transforming an old kit!

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2020, 11:09:25 AM »
My kind of modelling Kevin , simple but very effective  ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #160 on: September 25, 2020, 05:20:47 AM »
Good work Kevin!!!
Dan

Offline Radarman

« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2020, 02:14:36 PM »
Hello everyone,
Your DVII build continues to be awesome and inspiring! Excellent work on the fin,  rudder and control horns!

RAGIII
Thanks RADIII. I hope I can continue to keep up the standard.

The control horns, and hinges on the rudder are excellent. This is called transforming an old kit!

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen. One thing about working in 1/28th scale is that it's about 14% larger than 1/32nd scale. The little bits are all the more noticeable.

My kind of modelling Kevin , simple but very effective  ;)

Terri

Terri, thanks for the support you show toward this build.

Good work Kevin!!!
Dan

Thanks Dan. Isn't it time you played with a little plastic?

Anyway, here's a little bit of an update. I've been working on some of the little details that are missing from the kit.
To represent the mounting brackets/hardware found on the sides of the fuselage, where the lower wings are attached,
I filed some scrap photo etch brass to shape.

They will be attached to the fuselage once the lower wing is in place.

Speaking of the lower wing, I've started applying the decals. Naturaly, they are from Aviattic. I can't wait for "Rib Tape Time".

That's it for now. Thanks again to everyone for the encouragement you've given me during this build.

Happy Modeling,
                                                                                                                    Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline Monty

« Reply #162 on: September 26, 2020, 08:07:07 PM »
Lovely progress yet again, Kevin! That lozenge is looking very good.... Regards, Marc.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2020, 09:30:24 PM »
Excellent work on shaping the fairings. I have enough trouble just trying to file off the nubs when I remove a part from a PE fret  ::) The Lozenge looks outstanding.
RAGIII

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #164 on: September 26, 2020, 10:09:34 PM »
It's those little details which are really adding to this build , nice work on the mounting brackets .  :) Also looking forward on seeing the rest of the loz applied !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch