Author Topic: What has been a reasonable shipping time?  (Read 2652 times)

Offline smperry

What has been a reasonable shipping time?
« on: March 30, 2020, 04:04:28 AM »
I ordered from 2 European companies on 3/12/20, slightly over 2 weeks ago. So ever since, I have been wondering how this virus business will affect delivery. Negatively, I would guess. At any rate, what would have been a normal pre-COVID19 shipping time for orders from CSM and Gaspatch? First time ordering from both. Just curious to know when I should start worrying.
TIA
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: What has been a reasonable shipping time?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 04:42:14 AM »
Hi SP, I ordered a couple of kits from WETA before they stopped selling WNW kits.  Two weeks later, got an email from them stating it might be 4-8 weeks before they would send my order.  WNW is accepting orders, but not shipping until they reopen.  Each business will be making decisions based on the outbreak in their are, so patience is the order of the day.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 05:14:05 AM »
Gaspatch are usually pretty good.

What the state of the postal system is at the moment is anyone's guess. Parcels travelling only within the UK are noticeably slower

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 07:34:18 AM »
I recently send out an order to the US. It reached the customer in 4 days. Which surprised me in the current climate.
But that could be because my orders go out in small envelopes and not large parcels. Who knows?

Cheers,
Buckle Bob  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 07:59:10 AM »
Both CSM and GasPatch are small businesses ( i.e., they don't have a big workforce) but they also have families and are caught up in this frightening pandemic. Both CSM and GasPatch are very respected and highly trusted businesses so deal with them in confidence.
However global mail systems have been impacted by the slow down in air freight services so it's anyone's guess when packages will arrive. The old days of fast service have gone out the window for now.
As an example I've been waiting for a package from another part of Australia, which should take a day or two but has been over a week and still waiting. So much is being done online now our postal and delivery systems are stretched.

Dave W
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 08:32:48 AM »
As an example I've been waiting for a package from another part of Australia, which should take a day or two but has been over a week and still waiting. So much is being done online now our postal and delivery systems are stretched.

Dave W
Gold Coast
Australia

It's probably due to wombats, or billabongs, or some other peculiar antipodean feature

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 11:19:29 AM »
It once took 6 months for an order from Eduard to arrive(in Australia),a large box when they were clearing out some WW1 1/48 kits at I think 1/2 price.Turned out the shipping address was correct except for the country,it was trying to get to NSW,USA.Fortunately,eventually someone working at the USPS readdressed it correctly.
Dave.

Offline smperry

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 06:58:04 AM »
I just heard from CSM. I will paste the e-mail below. In the spirit of doing business with small outfits in order to help them survive this crisis, I went ahead and paid the extra for TNT/Fed Ex delivery.

Email:
You made an order with us, and I need to inform you that due to Covid19 we are facing some some difficulties with sending your order

We can send the parcel with Standard Postal service, but we can not tell how long it may take, as due Covid19 delivery time is getting worse every day, but still, we can send it like that

There is also another way to do it, using priority TNT/FedEx delivery, that is much faster and safer

You paid for standard shipping  7.93eur and if you would like to use priority TNT shipping the cost that you would need to cover will be 17.28eur

Please let me know what is the best way to send your order and we will proceed with it and it will be shipped this week
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 11:50:16 AM »
   We are all needing to adjust to the new "realities" in many ways, SP, on behalf of the Membership many thanks for supporting one of our suppliers in these challenging times.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline The Collector

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2020, 03:12:35 AM »
Hi All,
Coming in late to this discussion, but wanting some extra opinions please. I am based in UK and I placed an order with HGW, Czech - rep. 7 weeks ago and received my notification it had been posted within two days. I am still waiting for a delivery.  During the same time line I have ordered from Pheon ,France and it took 2 weeks. Peddinghaus, Germany took 1 week.

Kind Regards
Steve

Offline Gene K

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2020, 03:59:09 AM »
I am in Florida, US. Ordered from Russia over two months ago - was lost "in transit" according to tracking. Vendor sent a replacement three weeks ago -- still "in transit".

Placed an order from Britain 10 days ago, arrived today.

Anyone's guess as to what "normal" or "reasonable" is  ... .

Gene K

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2020, 05:11:09 AM »
Ordered items from BNA in Australia. They were dispatched on the 27th of May. Still waiting.
This is the first time an order has taken a month from Aus, but then we're in a global meltdown at the moment, so I guess patience is the name of the game  ::)

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline The Collector

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 03:36:55 AM »
Hi,
On a plus side and credit where credit is due, two separate orders from Mastercasters have both arrived the next day. This is during lockdown.
First Class service.

Steve

Offline rayb24

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2020, 10:27:09 AM »
My wife received an order of craft supplies  from the UK. Received July 2nd, sent March 16th By the invoice...

Lol
Ray

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2020, 10:35:35 PM »
I just heard from CSM. I will paste the e-mail below. In the spirit of doing business with small outfits in order to help them survive this crisis, I went ahead and paid the extra for TNT/Fed Ex delivery.

Email:
You made an order with us, and I need to inform you that due to Covid19 we are facing some some difficulties with sending your order

We can send the parcel with Standard Postal service, but we can not tell how long it may take, as due Covid19 delivery time is getting worse every day, but still, we can send it like that

There is also another way to do it, using priority TNT/FedEx delivery, that is much faster and safer

You paid for standard shipping  7.93eur and if you would like to use priority TNT shipping the cost that you would need to cover will be 17.28eur

Please let me know what is the best way to send your order and we will proceed with it and it will be shipped this week

Just for the record I opted for the TNT FEDEX shipping on My Nieuport. The kit arrived in  the USA in Less than a week!

I also Mailed a package via USPS to Canada and it took about 3 weeks to arrive at it's destination  :(
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler