Author Topic: Trial image post  (Read 879 times)

Offline smperry

Trial image post
« on: March 15, 2020, 12:23:22 PM »
I got IMGUR and uploaded a file or two. Now I will see if I can copy a link and post a photo.

sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline smperry

Re: Trial image post
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 12:26:07 PM »
Well how 'bout them apples? Don't usually have it this easy with computers.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 10:16:15 PM »
You seem to have Mastered the posting quickly!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline smperry

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 02:44:58 AM »
IMGUR gives a heap of options on what kind of link to copy. Had me stumped cold until I found an old post which mentioned to use the one for message boards. There were 2 with Message Board in the description. I got lucky and guessed right the first time, so muddled is a more apt description than Mastered. I even remembered to write it down so when I finally have some progress on a model worth sharing and have likely forgotten what I did here, I can still get it done....Now where did I put that paper with the picture posting instructions on it???
sp

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 06:14:08 AM »
Whatever works  8) By the way, Lovely Morane. How does it fly?
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline smperry

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 07:17:04 AM »
Thanks
The Morane was an experiment. As a licensed pilot and an avid RC pilot, I was curious about wing warping and decided to build one with WW instead of ailerons. I got carried away with detailing it, (y'all wouldn't know nothing 'bout that , would ya?) I expect the experiment was a rousing success. The model flew like crap, just like a full size wing warper. To turn, you had to sit on the rudder, tickle the wing warping and be ready to give up on the full flying elevator if the turn got out of hand, most tended to. It made about 4 flights before a crosswind and dumb thumbs conspired to cartwheel it down the runway. Tore up the wings, but the rest is mostly intact somewhere in the garage. I've been threatening myself to build another set of wings for years.

If you look at the pic under the fuselage you will see the two pushrods coming down from a servo in the fuselage to the warping mechanism. Also note the dummy engine inside the cowl particularly the dummy pushrods on each cyl. The dummy engine was mounted around an outrunner motor and spun like a rotary. I had it secured on the bench and decided to run up the motor. It looked just great for a few seconds and then centrifugal force overcame CA and the cut off t-pins I had used for pushrods departed the model through the foam cowl and several stuck in the wall and ceiling while others ricocheted around the room. Nobody injured fortunately and my plastic modeling skills allowed me to fill the holes in the cowl. The model was a prototype build of a Peter Rake design. I have a photo of it in flight hiding in some folder on my computer. I'll post it if I can find it.

sp