Author Topic: Sop Tripe rigging guide  (Read 893 times)

Offline smperry

Sop Tripe rigging guide
« on: March 11, 2020, 08:37:55 AM »
I am approaching the point with my Peter Rake 45" Sopwith Triplane where rigging is becoming an issue.
I downloaded the rigging diagram from the WnW site, I have the Eduard instructions as well as a few references, although I do not have the Datafile on the Tripe.
Is there a good rigging diagram for the Tripe out there and if so, where? This one is an odd duck as far as rigging goes, especially as the rigging on this model is functional, though more likely to rip it apart than hold it together should a stray planet bump into the model while flying.
Thanks
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Sop Tripe rigging guide
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 10:19:12 AM »
SP,
    The Windsock DataFile has the "standard" Rigging Specifications Table with three rough diagrams from the Aircraft's Technical and Rigging Notes. Not super detail but may be helpful in the absence of anything better! The "In Detail" section of the DataFile has some pretty good photos of the various rigging features, I'd say it would be helpful to you on your project.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline smperry

Re: Sop Tripe rigging guide
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 10:29:07 AM »
Then I guess my next acquisition will be a datafile, not a kit. Thanks.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.