Author Topic: ICM P-51D 1/48  (Read 4294 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
ICM P-51D 1/48
« on: March 02, 2020, 10:31:09 AM »
I started this last weekend actually and have made pretty good progress on the kit so far . This is a copy of the Tamiya kit with a few changes made , decals are crap and will be replaced with ones coming for the spare box . The makings are also aftermarket . This is pretty much out of the box except for the seat which came from the junk pile . So far this is where I'm at with the build .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: ICM P-51D 1/48
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 10:31:33 AM »
 :) Old flak Joe  ;)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 10:32:16 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 10:32:43 AM »
 :) Instrument decals are from the spare box
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 10:33:35 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 10:32:04 PM »
 8)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 03:41:33 AM »
Interested to see the wing to fuselage fit etc. I know its a close copy of the Tam kit but those early ICM kits I found waaaay over engineered. It does look good so far though!

Steve

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 11:36:28 AM »
I'm looking forward to that part as well Steve mating the lower wing to fuselage . There was fit issues with the wings and there is still a bit of clean up but at least the wheel well part fitted nicely !

Really can't comment on their earlier kits for I only built one other . Revell's re-boxing of ICM P-51B which is a copy of Tamiya's kit with Accurate Miniatures cockpit . Fit of that kit wasn't good at all . Sadly I do have another one in the stash waiting to be built . But I have spare Tamiya pit for that one  ;)

Thanks Ken for checking her out  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Online RAGIII

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2020, 03:01:53 AM »
Just catching up Terri. Nice looking interior! As always you are moving right along on this one!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2020, 01:00:53 PM »
Thanks for catching up on the build Rick , nice to have you tag along  :) Yes so far the build is going pretty good and quick , but I have some filling and sanding to do , over all not bad for the amount which I was expecting the worse .

Made some more progress and the fuselage is glued up and the wing as well . Over fit so far isn't all the bad . Started with a bit of light sanding , still more sanding ....

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2020, 01:01:26 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2020, 01:01:56 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2020, 01:02:23 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2020, 01:02:53 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2020, 01:05:33 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch