Author Topic: Ardpol hansa-bradnberg BI  (Read 1002 times)

Offline JamesAPrattIII

Ardpol hansa-bradnberg BI
« on: February 29, 2020, 01:35:44 PM »
I am planning on buying the Ardpol 1/72 Hansa-Brandberg BI model and would like to build it as a early war front line aircraft. Is there any one who has built or reviewed this kit? I would like to know how good or bad it is. Thanks in advance.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Ardpol hansa-bradnberg BI
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 11:24:44 PM »
Hi James , even though I don't have the kit you are asking about I do have their Pfalz D.VII/III and the resin castings are super with very fine detail . Cockpit isn't all that bad either . Can't comment on how well it will go together but I have seen builds on other sites so I don't think you will have any troubles building one .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 12:48:30 AM »
I don't have this kit either, but I have 5 or 6 Ardpol 1/48 sailplane resin kits.  Surface detail is very subtle, but seems to be complete.  Some of the kits have common cockpit details, which may not always be accurate.  The older kits were molded with tan colored resin that may warp over time.  The newer kits used a light blue resin and the way the parts were designed with molding stubs indicate they were trying to improve the tendency to warp - an improvement over time.  As far as fit goes, they go together like a typical resin kit - you may want to improve the strength of the joints by adding pins in some cases.

I am a fan of sailplanes, and there are not many choices.  Ardpol was one of the few companies that made more than one sailplane kit but sadly, they appear to not be in business anymore.

Offline O_Pablo

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 05:49:56 AM »
Here is a link to do polish web-store https://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/Brandenburg-B.I.html.
The general size and look is OK.
The same model but injection was produced by LEGATO https://www.scalemates.com/pl/kits/legato-lpk7210-hansa-brandenburg-bi--246704, I have one for sale.
Regards, Paul.

Offline AndRoby67

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 01:30:36 AM »
Hi James,
two month ago I bought this AZ kit: https://www.super-hobby.it/products/Hansa-Brandenburg-B.I-seria-76.html
I don't know if the Ardpol is superior in quality, but the AZ is a little beauty, it seems an high quality short run, with right thickness wings and everything
you may see in the link I posted.
My two cents!
Roberto

Offline enathan

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 02:06:08 AM »
Hi James,
I can't say much about the Ardpol Hansa Brandenburg B.I as I don't have it, but Ardpol were usually top quality kits.
I have all three variants of the Legato injection B.I's and they are excellent. They are long out of production and unfortunately so is Ardpol.

Do you have a source for the Ardpol B.I? If not, this is the only one as far as I know:
https://polish-made.com/pl/p/BRANDENBURG-B.I-obserwacyjny-172/621

AZ Model have re-issued one of the Legato kits and it is now available.

Good luck,
Ehud
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 02:15:20 AM by enathan »

Offline JamesAPrattIII

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 07:26:44 AM »
It's in the Kitlinx online catalog. I would like to build it as a 05. series aircraft the pictures of it  are of aircraft 176.54 and 76.81 there is no mention of either series in  the book "Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of WW I" !? Any one know why?

Offline JamesAPrattIII

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2020, 06:46:43 AM »
Ooops! In looking through my notes from the book Austro-Hungarian Army aircraft of WW I it seems Fishamend made large numbers of them as trainers during WW I.