Author Topic: Yesterdays Posts, 02/15/20, seem to have Been Abducted?  (Read 3454 times)

Offline RAGIII

Yesterdays Posts, 02/15/20, seem to have Been Abducted?
« on: February 16, 2020, 11:48:06 PM »
It seems all of yesterdays Posts have Disappeared? What Happened and do we Need to re post? Alien Abduction  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Yesterdays Posts, 02/15/20, seem to have Been Abducted?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 12:31:22 AM »
Found that out this morning Rick , all the post from yesterday are gone . I know I post in my two build threads and others as well .

I re-post in my build threads on the go and everything seems to be fine so far , but I don't recall all of the threads I replied too. Brads thread I did , it was right after you on his beautiful Bristol , lovely interior !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 12:58:58 AM »
Have you checked down the back of the sofa?
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 04:18:36 AM »

First place I looked! Seriously at 67 years old when things happen that make you wonder if you really made that post "yesterday" it sort of gets you worried  ::)
RAGIII

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 05:07:28 AM »

First place I looked! Seriously at 67 years old when things happen that make you wonder if you really made that post "yesterday" it sort of gets you worried  ::)
RAGIII

Ha! Try it at 75 Rick!! ;) :o
Cheers,
Lance

Offline petero

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 05:34:47 AM »

RAGIII
Rick, that's exactly what I was wondering when I saw that your post and my reply had vanished from the Sach's Razor thread. But what really worries me is that I'm much younger than you - a mere 65  ;)

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 05:44:39 AM »
I had trouble logging in testerday, got a strange error code. can't remember what the code was, but not one I am used to seeing.
maybe that had something to do with it, seems to be ok in all respects now

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 06:59:07 AM »
I know it's not behind my sofa , don't have one !

I'm still 48 years young , but that just scares me " sort'a makes you wonder " Thanks Rick !

Terri , gone to get tested !
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 07:04:52 AM »
I had trouble logging in testerday, got a strange error code. can't remember what the code was, but not one I am used to seeing.
maybe that had something to do with it, seems to be ok in all respects now

I had NO Trouble at all posting or seeing posts throughout the whole day. When I got on the computer this Morning all of the Posts from Yesterday were gone. I even tried 3 different browsers...and My Phone. I was relieved when Terri Mentioned Missing Posts in her Me 410 thread  8)
RAGIII

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 07:54:31 AM »
The For Sale ad I put up yesterday is gone (Davilla & Soltan's French Aircraft of WWI)  ???
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 07:59:37 AM »
Hi everyone

We had a short forum outage yesterday which the IT people in America quickly fixed. I'm no IT person but it's possible the missing posts might be connected to the issue that took the forum down briefly.

Please PM me if any posts from today vanish. We are also under heavy pressure right now from bogus new member entries. I must have rejected close to 50 just yesterday. Scammers are trying to register to then run amok on the forum. The membership "reject" key is getting heavy use right now!

cheers

Dave W
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 08:16:26 AM »
Thanks Dave ....so I'm normal after all !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2020, 09:05:35 AM »
Hi Terri

Well "normal" is a relative term with all WW1 modellers :) but I assure you the mystery of the missing posts is not down to anything you have done.

The fact that today's posts including this thread are still visible suggests the issue was yesterday and not some nasty PC10 bug lurking in the system.

If you re load your posts from yesterday and they vanish again we will pursue this with the IT wizards but I suspect the fixing of the server issue yesterday may have wiped those posts from yesterday. Maybe it's a sort of electronic coronavirus!

Seriously I am closely monitoring things and please alert me if you have any problems.

cheers

Dave W
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2020, 11:13:16 PM »
Thanks again Dave for looking after us " normal " folks  ;) Yes we are a strange bunch indeed and wouldn't trade that for anything !

Hope that it has resolved itself and all is good . Maybe someone should send Brad Canican a message so he knows what happen and doesn't think the worst .....

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch