Author Topic: Shop set-ups  (Read 1149 times)

Offline aaronc

Shop set-ups
« on: February 05, 2020, 03:26:15 AM »
Not sure where else to ask this,.....do you guys have a running on going thread of shop/workbench - set ups ? I enjoy seeing other's work space and tools org. Thanks -Aaron

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
Re: Shop set-ups
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 03:56:02 AM »
There's a sticky thread in the 'Time to Relax' sub forum.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 04:00:55 AM »
    There's lots of great ideas in that thread Aaron. Don't forget to add yours as well!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline aaronc

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 04:05:57 AM »
Exactly what i was looking for!!!  Thanks,....I'm slowly but surely getting there. Got rid of an extra freezer in my shop last week left over from my taxidermy days so I was able to move a work bench I had in the garage into my shop,......gonna set it up for a couple of things but one of those couple of things is gonna be model building  ;).  -Aaron

Offline aaronc

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 02:07:07 AM »
Along the same lines on the shop set-up,......I'm in the midst of picking out a bench light specifically for my new work area,.....and basic tools.

Tools/supplies: I'm ready to purchase what I need,..sprue cutters,...glue,....putty,......feel free to chime in on any of that but my specific question is any tools you can't live without related to the rigging of these bi-planes ?,....such as pin vise,...or whatever it may be.

Thanks - Aaron

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 11:46:51 AM »
The tools I use for rigging are following ...

New # 11 blade , makes it a lot easier when cutting line . Pin vice with bit numbers # 80 -74 depending on what scale I'm working on . I have one set of bits  and one I use just for rigging , they stay sharper longer . Regular tweezers in two sizes . One with a broad tip and one which is pointed . Super glue applicator . I use thin super glue for the turnbuckles ( brass tubing ) 4mm and 5mm . and a med one for gluing in the wire hoops tail . rigging mantrail for 48 and 32 scale I use smoke invisible thread . I just started using Uichs rigging line in fine and standard sizes which can be used on either 48 or 32 scale . I tried ez-line and didn't care for it the cross section is flat and any twist in the line will stick out like a sore thumb .

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline aaronc

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 12:32:24 PM »
The tools I use for rigging are following ...

New # 11 blade , makes it a lot easier when cutting line . Pin vice with bit numbers # 80 -74 depending on what scale I'm working on . I have one set of bits  and one I use just for rigging , they stay sharper longer . Regular tweezers in two sizes . One with a broad tip and one which is pointed . Super glue applicator . I use thin super glue for the turnbuckles ( brass tubing ) 4mm and 5mm . and a med one for gluing in the wire hoops tail . rigging mantrail for 48 and 32 scale I use smoke invisible thread . I just started using Uichs rigging line in fine and standard sizes which can be used on either 48 or 32 scale . I tried ez-line and didn't care for it the cross section is flat and any twist in the line will stick out like a sore thumb .

Terri

Thanks for the lengthy detailed response,.. ;)  Much appreciated. -Aaron