Author Topic: Rumpler 6.B1 cockpit photos  (Read 855 times)

Offline Syd Solo

Rumpler 6.B1 cockpit photos
« on: January 29, 2020, 06:51:44 PM »
If anyone can point me to a photo or drawings of the cockpit for the Rumpler 6.B1 cockpit I would be much obliged. I note that Terri built the CSM 1/48  kit some time ago. Terri, may I ask how you determined the cockpit layout? Was that how it came in the kit? Or did you have another reference?

Thanks kindly

Cheers

Syd

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Rumpler 6.B1 cockpit photos
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 10:24:17 AM »
Hello Syd , sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner on this .

I didn't have the datafile when I started the build and still don't have it . The kit does provide scale drawings of the structure and the items in the pit for it but doesn't cover everything though , one still has some digging . Parts for the pit are mostly there , but I ended up scratch building a fair bit of it .
The internet was helpful for photo's and even just to get those I spent hours and hours looking online , but nothing really of the pit .
The drawings in the kit are done by Martin Digmayer . I don't have a scanner anymore so I'm not able to share with you the info you are looking for . You might be able to find them online , if not send me you mailing addie and I can mail you the kit instructions if you like .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Syd Solo

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 02:32:21 PM »
Thanks for your reply, Terri. I’m trying to get the cockpit layout for a friend who is building a Joystick 1/72 vacform  (would you believe there are still folk out there who build vacforms?!). Nothing of use in the DF or the Jack Herris book (I’m told).

I wouldn’t want you to part with your old kit instructions, though, or have to pay postage from where you are to me in Australia. Thanks for the offer though.  Hopefully there is another forum member  reading this who has the CSM kit and can scan the instructions. (maybe Edgar can help?) and email them to me.

An alternative is to just take a photo of the instructions and perhaps email it to me?

Shame there isn’t some sort of online archive from where old or discontinued kit instruction scans/PDFs can be downloaded, even if for a small fee. Hmmm, perhaps there’s a money raising idea for this forum? I’m thinking download a PDF for $1 or $2 a pop with usual caveats  about no reproduction for distribution or  sale etc.

Really liked your model of this aircraft, by the way.

Cheers

Syd

Offline Edgar

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 12:28:50 AM »
I will try to help, once return back from Nuremberg Toy Fair)

Offline Syd Solo

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 06:36:31 PM »
Thank you, Edgar. Hope the Nuremberg Toy Fair is a big success for you.

Cheers

Syd