Author Topic: Christmas greetings to all Forum members and visitors  (Read 2571 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Christmas greetings to all Forum members and visitors
« on: December 24, 2019, 06:47:31 PM »
It's Christmas Eve here in Australia so I would like to wish all of our Forum members, our hobby company supporters and our many visitors a very Merry Christmas and a safe, prosperous and model-filled New Year. My sincere thanks to everyone for your support of our Forum and its ongoing growth.

It's also an appropriate time to express my sincere thanks to Global Moderator Lance Carroll who has done so much to keep the forum chat in line and also to run the Forum in my absence. During this year I have battled some health issues and am just back from the latest extended hospital stay and during that time Lance as always ensured a seamless ongoing forum for member discussions.

Due to the health issues I have fallen behind in some responsibilities so my apologies to those who have yet to receive prize kits from the GB and after build. They will be with you soon.

A number of people have referred to the Forum admin team on the apparent assumption this place is run by a group. Not so. In fact the Forum is currently run by just two people- Global Moderator Lance Carroll and myself. There are some plans to expand the empire next year!

I have plans for new features on the Forum to build on some of the popular additions from this year such as the Off Topic and Nostalgia boards, our Des Delatorre memorial group build competition and the extended After Build. It's important for a forum such as ours to continually evolve and cater to the interests of WW1 and vintage era modellers. WW1 aircraft will always be the core focus of our group though but there's a definite interest for models of other WW1 subjects- figures, armour, artillery, vehicles and ships and we are the natural home for such discussions of all model things WW1.

So a very Merry Christmas to everyone and here's to us all enjoying our hobby even more throughout 2020 and beyond.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Robin

Re: Christmas greetings to all Forum members and visitors
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 07:17:01 PM »
Merry Christmas to all. :)

Robin
Found my mojo and clipped it's wings, so it won't fly away.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 10:28:11 PM »
Merry Christmas one and all!

Dave, glad to hear you're on the mend and thanks for all you do for our little community. That gratitude also extends to Lance - Thanks for stepping in and helping.
We wouldn't have this wonderful forum without you guys and I can't thank you enough for that.

Happy Holidays!

Von Santa Bob  :) ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline macsporran

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 02:19:41 AM »
Glad to hear you are on the mend, Dave - all best wishes for a happy, peaceful and healthy Christmas and New Decade. Same to Lance and all the other members who make this forum such a pleasure.
Sandy

Online RAGIII

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 02:22:25 AM »
Merry Christmas to all. I am Happy to hear you are recovering your Health Dave! Thanks to you and Lance for all you do!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2019, 02:52:12 AM »
I don't have much to say these days but I do still look in on occasion. Merry Xmas to all you guys who do post regularly and a really big thanks to Dave and Lance for keeping this great Forum on track.

I hope 2020 sees an improvement in health for you Dave and all the very best for the New Year to all

Tug

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2019, 04:14:26 AM »
   I'll add a brief personal greeting as well. It continues to be a pleasure and indeed an honor to serve the Members of this great Forum. To those few I've met in person and the vast majority I know only through our words exchanged here sincere best wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline James

Christmas greetings to all Forum members and visitors
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2019, 04:47:38 AM »
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, to everyone here and their families. May 2020 be a happy and healthy New Year for everybody.

James Sontag
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline WD

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2019, 08:36:39 AM »
Merry Christmas all! It's my sincere wish that you may enjoy these days surrounded by those you love. Enjoy some down time, if possible, read a good book, enjoy a beverage, and bask in the love of friends and family.

WD

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2019, 08:54:03 AM »
I'd also like to add my wishes for a happy Christmas season and a great new year to all members of the forum and their families,and to extend my sense of appreciation to Dave and Lance for all their fine work in keeping this terrific place running so brilliantly.
All the best,
Dave.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2019, 10:29:56 PM »
Merry Christmas everyone ! :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Monty

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2019, 01:11:15 AM »
Seasons Greetings Everyone! Hope you all manage to get some important family time in, and oh, do some modelling too! Thanks to our two Mods for all their input this year... Regards, Marc.

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2019, 01:32:18 AM »
Happy Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year to all.
A special thanks to Dave and Lance for keeping going the best WW1 forum around,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline osterkamp

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2019, 02:50:10 AM »
Merry Xmas to all, Joyeux Noël à tous
regards,
Frédéric

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2019, 03:51:33 AM »
A bit late, merry Christmas everybody.
Giuseppe