Author Topic: Meng's Mess 410  (Read 10726 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Meng's Mess 410
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2020, 10:50:39 AM »
 ;) Up-date starts on end of last page
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2020, 10:51:32 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2020, 10:51:58 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2020, 10:52:26 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Robin

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2020, 03:26:03 PM »
Very nice busy pit. Looks like a fun build. :)

Robin
Found my mojo and clipped it's wings, so it won't fly away.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2020, 06:51:04 AM »
Looks great Terri! You are making quick work of this one!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2020, 11:41:11 AM »
Danke Robin and Rick . Progress is going well on this one . I'm hoping to have the wings finished off by the weekend .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2020, 10:15:52 AM »
While waiting for the glue and stuff to harden up more on my replacement strut for the rumpler . I start finishing off the engines and got the wings together and the props assembled . The wings are a pretty good fit except for the under side , but not much filling compared to other builds I see online of this kit . Not much of the engine detail can be seen so I didn't spend a lot of time detail painting them . They got some really nice detail !

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2020, 10:16:33 AM »

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2020, 07:16:34 PM »
Nice updates, looking fine with engines in view.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2020, 01:29:01 AM »
Pit and engines look great in place Terri!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2020, 10:37:44 AM »
Thank-you both for the comments  8) I didn't make much progress today , but the wing rads are done and the wheels are painted while making a start on the weathering on the landing gears legs . No pic's , things are drying at the moment .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2020, 11:01:00 AM »
I have made progress with filling a few spots and finally got the canopy parts dip in future so I can start masking it up . Bit more sanding then it's off to primer . No pic's of yet . Watching putting dry is very boring !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2020, 10:35:48 PM »
Well, this one's coming together nicely.  Looks like a well detailed kit.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2020, 11:10:15 AM »
Hello Ken , it is a very well detail kit . So far it is out of the box . Only thing I added was the paint and clue .

I have see this kit built online in other forums and a few reviews and the one major complaint about this kit is the canopy . It is a multi piece affair with fit issues . Well I didn't want to follow everyone else's build by following the kit instructions just so I have something to complain about later to fit in with said group .

I glued the right side on the canopy in place first . Waited for that dry and did the left side . After a few minutes I then glued the rear center section in place made a few adjustments holding it in place for the rest of the glue to dry . I will let this dry for a few days before I move on to the other canopy parts . So far it is a perfect fit , even test fitted the other parts . Everything is nice a tight !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch