Author Topic: Panzer Concepts 28cm "Bruno" W.W.1  (Read 16778 times)

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
Re: Panzer Concepts 28cm "Bruno" W.W.1
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2020, 05:32:17 PM »
I can't believe I missed this.

It is a jaw-dropping beautiful diorama! It must have been a complicated built. I know that working with resin parts is laborious. I have a simple resin Farman M.F.11 Shorthorn kit in 1/72 that's still on the shelf, simply because it is a box with a few bags and a flawed instruction sheet.

Hats off to you!

Willem
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 06:07:49 PM by Rookie »

Offline ModelCellar

« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2020, 07:07:43 AM »
Gary,

That is OUTSTANDING !!

Paul

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2020, 02:34:48 AM »
I'd like to say a belated thanks to all for the very kind words on this project - it means a lot to me and I very much appreciate everyone who has taken the time to look and comment.

I've finally been able to put together the write-up and photos for this one, and Brett Green has three articles tentatively to be published in Model Military International magazine's issues 176, 177, 178 for the Construction, Painting and Diorama parts respectively. That would be the Dec 2020, Jan 2021 and Feb 2021 issues, for those interested to see my story.

Cheers,
Gary

Offline mgunns

« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2020, 12:16:43 PM »
I gotta tell ya Gary, this is an amazing piece of work.  The painting on the rail gun alone is dazzling but the attention to detail is stellar.  The figures add life and a sense of scale to the overall scene.  The one officer figure talking to the guy with what appears to be a pipe reminds me of "Fearless Leader" from the old Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons.   Not that it's cartoonish but very Teutonic.  The figures are full of life and expressions.  The gun with figures alone would make a neat vignette but the cart with the two "grunts" on it just adds so much more as the looks of 'astonishment' on their faces tell it all.  Just on outstanding bit of modeling Gary, truly outstanding.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2020, 06:43:40 AM »
That's a beautiful build, Gary!  From the figures to the gun to the turf, just perfect!  Thank you for sharing.
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2020, 04:19:12 AM »
Gaz and Mark - really happy to see your comments.

Hopefully Mark I'll get to take this down to Nanton or Edmonton the next time they have a show, although it would be a beast to transport!

Cheers,
Gary

Offline mgunns

« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2020, 09:07:31 AM »
Gaz and Mark - really happy to see your comments.

Hopefully Mark I'll get to take this down to Nanton or Edmonton the next time they have a show, although it would be a beast to transport!

Cheers,
Gary
Well worth the effort Gary.  A real show stopper for all to see and marvel over, will worth the time and effort.  There may be a Mafioso gathering at CAPCON in '21, consider that one.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....