Author Topic: Panzer Concepts 28cm "Bruno" W.W.1  (Read 16790 times)

Offline Borsos

Re: Panzer Concepts 28cm "Bruno" W.W.1
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2020, 05:44:24 AM »
This gun is without doubt impressive. But what impressed me even more is this horse. You did a perfect paint job here!
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2020, 08:28:47 AM »
Thanks Andreas! Glad you liked the horse - it was mostly just airbrushed with Tamiya's Hull Red, then I added some airbrushed black shading.

Work continues weathering the Bruno sub-assemblies, and I added the screw-jacks to their positions. Not included in the kit are the crossed-rod supports for the upper parts of the jacks for transport. By studying photos I could see where they were positioned, and added them using styrene rod & bits'n'pieces.
Cheers,
Gary

Front left support

Rear left support

chassis with jacks mounted

Offline FokkerFodder

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2020, 05:39:45 PM »
Wow! It’s looking absolutely fantastic-stunning work on what looks like a beautiful but challenging resin kit. Cheers Matt

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2020, 02:56:56 AM »
Thanks Matt, "challenging" is a good way to describe it  :)

Progress on the horse drawn-cart continues. I've painted the wagon a darker field grey, and started to weather it up a bit with some worn paint chips and dust. Making it substantially different than the base colour of the railgun was important, and some period photos I have looked at shows some wagons in a very dark shade of colour. The addition of mud and splashes will follow.

Cheers,
Gary

Offline Borsos

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2020, 01:03:13 AM »
Fantastic progress in all aspects. I love the paintjob on the wagon.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2020, 02:36:21 AM »
Thanks Andreas - after receiving your help with it I appreciate your words  :)

I have finished the model of the Bruno and hope to complete the diorama in the next while. The scheme is my guess of how it looked, and I couldn't copy it exactly - but just mimicked the general pattern with some of it more faded than other areas.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2020, 04:11:26 AM »
    Magnificent finish Gary, and impressive "in spades"! The time and effort to complete the color scheme is beyond imagining and the results are outstanding. Beautiful work and a model in it's own class!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline smperry

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2020, 04:18:25 AM »
Nothing that cool came with the Lionel train set I got as a kid....I'm miffed.

A spectacular piece of modeling and eye candy to boot.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline FokkerFodder

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2020, 05:56:55 PM »
This is simply awesome modelling- to achieve this complex camouflage pattern in such a large and intricate kit is an outstanding result! I’d love to see this in real life.... be nice to have here in the Australian War memorial in Canberra given we have a barrel!

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2020, 06:59:40 AM »
Thanks so much for your comments Matt, sp and Lance! I'm working on the figures, horse cart and base - hope to have the diorama finished by month end.

And by the way Lance - your wonderful Halberstadt convinced me to pick up the Early and Late versions this past week  ;)

Cheers,
Gary

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2020, 12:24:41 PM »
Thanks so much for your comments Matt, sp and Lance! I'm working on the figures, horse cart and base - hope to have the diorama finished by month end.

And by the way Lance - your wonderful Halberstadt convinced me to pick up the Early and Late versions this past week  ;)
[/color]

Cheers,
Gary

Gary, 
    Wow!, where did you find them for less then a second mortgage?? I have the Late Version "stashed' and hopefully will be able to try that stippled scheme before they "put me away" somewhere!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2020, 10:57:37 PM »

[/quote]

Gary, 
    Wow!, where did you find them for less then a second mortgage?? I have the Late Version "stashed' and hopefully will be able to try that stippled scheme before they "put me away" somewhere!
Cheers,
Lance
[/quote]

Well Lance - I just happened to be on the Great Hobbies website looking for Vallejo paint thinner when I noticed they had a new shipment of WnW kits, including those Halberstadts. The prices were all actually below the posted WnW retail, so I picked up the those, plus the Late Fe2b which I'd missed previously (always wanted to build Punjab Montgomery 32 since I'd visited the graves of Morris & Rees last time we were in France). Shipping was free, so it worked out rather nicely. I think my "stash" will now be sufficient for a few years of retirement!
Cheers, Gary

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2020, 02:04:49 AM »
To construct a base for this project I'm using something from a long-ago diorama of a Tamiya Famo & Trailer I made almost 20 years ago. The diorama had served it's purpose, but was languishing in a box in the basement. I removed the models and figures from the base, and went to work shortening it by 6 inches, and using part of the old groundwork to fill the back corner. The tracks will be trimmed to fit, and the entire base will be "boxed in" with contoured sides made from black artists Matte Board.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2020, 04:14:39 PM »
Fully assembled and painted makes an impressive piece of artillery and a stunning railway carriage. With the background you are making will be a real museum display.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2020, 10:01:06 AM »
 Now that is really cool Gary !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .