Author Topic: Fokker D-II 1/32nd (Marek's Models)  (Read 8658 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Fokker D-II 1/32nd (Marek's Models)
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2019, 11:27:02 AM »
Even smaller ?

I guess weight would be a big issue the smaller you get . What is their power source ? I guess very small electric motors and arm power . So it sounds the smaller they are they flutter rather then glide ....

Bring it on  Dan , bring it on ! ;) feed that addiction  :-X

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2019, 01:01:54 PM »
You didn't crash and burn did you ?

T
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2019, 04:03:31 PM »
Hi Terri...nope.  We just had Thanksgiving down here, a mother-out-law visit and I'm trying to make some Christmas gifts for family including a paper windmill for my wife's mom (she's Dutch) and a cute knitted badger for my daughter who just started her first job teaching elementary school music. He will have a little satchel with music books inside.

Gasp...

Yes...I said knitted.  One of my other hobbies is knitting.  I'm not sure why but making little stuffed animals is kind of fun!

So I shall be back on the Fokker this weekend, you can be sure of that!  ;D

Thanks for checking in!

Dan

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2019, 11:08:59 PM »
Nothing wrong with knitting Dan , my Dad used to knit and same with my brothers when they were younger much younger .
One very busy household Dan , nothing wrong with that either . Hope you had a excellent thanksgiving and enjoyed your time with family .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2019, 06:55:47 AM »
Nothing terribly exciting...but I've started the wings!  Now I have some "me" time after making lots of Christmas goodies and gifts.  I hope to get lots of modeling done on vacation!

AND...here is the little badger I finished knitting for my music-teacher daughter just for giggles.

Dan

Offline Radarman

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2019, 07:12:30 AM »
Dan,
You're a man of many talents. Have a great time during the holidays and in the short term, stay dry.
The rain on this side of the Sound is non-stop. Makes for a good reason to do some modeling.

Kevin in Port Orchard
We are all victims of history!

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2019, 09:53:13 AM »
Hi Kevin...

No kidding!  I went through a river on my way to do some Christmas shopping this morning.  I was just thinking about you the other day and wondered how life was treating you in the Orchard.  Nice to hear from you.

Thanks for chiming in and yes...I'm working on the Fokker right now!

Cheers and Merry Christmas,
Dan

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2019, 01:00:50 AM »
The wings look Fantastic! Nice work on that Badger also! Enjoy your Holidays!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2019, 12:26:08 PM »
The wings are moving forward nicely Dan . Did you add wire wing spars ? Super knitting work as well Dan , looks fantastic . What was the stitch used ?

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2019, 04:06:13 PM »
Thanks, Folks!  Terri:  the model calls for adding wire spars along with 10 million small ribs with holes in them for the wire.  I think those will be split in a thrice so I'm substituting with airfoil-shaped 1/16th balsa I've sanded and slipped into the paper skins and will add small pieces of wire in the mid section.  That's what I'm working on now.

The knitting was all easy except that it's my first time trying intarsia.  It is how you knit the black/speckled parts with the white and you need 5 little balls of yarn just for the head since you need a new yarn ball as you get to a new color area.  Not as simple as just making stripes around the knit.  It's tough to keep track of all the yarn tails and balls.  Imagine all the rigging on a 1/72nd scale Staaken bomber and that's what it feels like!  ;D

More soon ( on the Fokker!)...Dan

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2020, 03:38:12 PM »
HAPPY NEW YEAR, ALL!

So for my first post (well...it's only 9:37PM Dec. 31st for me...), here is the bottom wing attached!  We are trying to stay up for midnight and so we are all hobbying at the table!

Cheers,
Dan

Offline Robin

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2020, 11:09:12 PM »
Happy New Year Dan,

Nice progress you made...looks good!

Robin :)
Found my mojo and clipped it's wings, so it won't fly away.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2020, 11:24:29 PM »
Bottom wing looks great in place. Happy New Year!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2020, 11:54:40 PM »
Happy New Year Dan ! She does look good with the lower wing in place  8)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2020, 06:39:09 AM »
Thanks, Everyone...

Top Wing together and I started attaching it as well!  All is straight and true.  The center section of the top wing was a bit dicey since it has an odd joggle in it and that's made in the kit by bending bits of piano wire bent with pin-point accuracy...yeah.  It looks nice in the end!

Cheers and more to come today...Dan