Author Topic: Missing part on WNW Camel  (Read 920 times)

Offline carlosgandiaga

Missing part on WNW Camel
« on: October 08, 2019, 02:50:27 AM »
I seem to have flicked away (via tweezers) part A56 (the small black spherical doo-hickey) that forms the centerpiece of the rigging directly in front of the wind shield.  Does anyone have any ideas for a suitable substitute??  Thanks!

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Missing part on WNW Camel
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 03:29:34 AM »
   How's that old expression go?? "Been there, done that"! I did the same thing a while back. It's a take off on catapulting that I refer to as "tweezerpulting".
     I had good results forming a replacement out of plastic sprue; the secret lay in forming the narrower or back end while on the length of the sprue piece, drilling the hole (I believe there were two on the original at 90 degrees to each other, I went with one hole to thread both wires through) before cutting the new part to length and then rounding off the "nose" or leading face of the part. This allows you to do most of the work while you can still hold the work before rounding off the front by sanding which in itself is not easy as it's difficult to hold such a tiny part. I hope this helps and good luck!
Cheers,
Lance