Author Topic: WNW Fokker E. IV fuselage fitting?  (Read 1064 times)

Offline AlbertD

WNW Fokker E. IV fuselage fitting?
« on: October 03, 2019, 10:19:34 AM »
Sorry for all the beginner questions lately. I really appreciate the help I have been getting. You guys are the best.

While I'm waiting for the clear coat on my Dolphin to set up well I started on the WNW Fokker E. IV. Its another great kit of course. I have the interior finished and while dry fitting the fuselage half's together the seams go together just fine but on the top there is a very shallow V with the low part being on the seam. I hope that makes sense. It would take a ton of filler to make it flat. Is there a way to make this level during assembly? I was thinking of making sprue posts to prop up the edges but that might cause the bottom to bulge.

Thanks again for any help.

Offline B Sharp

Re: WNW Fokker E. IV fuselage fitting?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 08:53:21 PM »
Mine has a 0,3 mm dipp in the worst spot and I dont think it will be notisable when finnished.
If it was worse I would cut triangels of 2 mm plasticard and force them in to get a 90° angel.
Using sprues you will have to put them in the bottom inside corner to aviod the bottom bulging out.
Hope this make sense.

/Bjarne

Offline AlbertD

Re: WNW Fokker E. IV fuselage fitting?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 01:08:26 AM »
Mine has a 0,3 mm dipp in the worst spot and I dont think it will be notisable when finnished.
If it was worse I would cut triangels of 2 mm plasticard and force them in to get a 90° angel.
Using sprues you will have to put them in the bottom inside corner to aviod the bottom bulging out.
Hope this make sense.

/Bjarne
That's exactly how mine looks. I'll have to decide if I will bother to fix it or not. I see what you mean about putting the sprue posts in the corner to avoid a bulge.