Author Topic: HGW Lozenge Decals  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
HGW Lozenge Decals
« on: October 01, 2019, 06:16:41 AM »
Hannants had their 5 colour upper/lower set on sale as well as rib tapes ( Turned out I don't spare Aviattic lozenge in 32 scale ) . I have never used their decals before and wondering how they behave ? And how they react to clear coating ?

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline FokkerFodder

Re: HGW Lozenge Decals
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 09:19:48 AM »
Fragile from memory. They look good but can crack and flake very easily when laying them down. This is from a few years back however. Not sure about how they react to coating. Cheers Matt

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 07:19:28 PM »
Same here, I have once used them and they were very fragil, but also very thin. Aviattic's decals are a lot easier to handle but thicker.
I used Micro Set and Micro Sol on the HGW decals.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Borsos

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 08:10:14 PM »
I only used their woodgrain decals, and can echoe what has already been written by Matt and Manni.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 08:54:56 PM »
Thanks guys for your feedback .

I will spray them with some testors decal film taking care of their flaking and cracking and will make them more rebus . I only got them because they were on sale . I tones of Aviattic lozenge in 48 scale , going to have to build up the 32 scale stash a bit more .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .