Author Topic: Rodens SSW D.III 1/32  (Read 29426 times)

Bughunter

Re: Rodens SSW D.III 1/32
« Reply #195 on: November 18, 2019, 04:25:15 AM »
Very eye catching scheme!
Oh yes, black and white (piano?) looks more interesting as my black scheme!

I was planning on using Rodens decals as a template but their bolts are wider so that idea was scrapped and did it the old fashion way ....  trim them and seal them ...
What is your way to trim the decals?

Cheers,
Frank

Offline FAf

« Reply #196 on: November 18, 2019, 07:54:48 AM »
Beautiful work! It's really turning out to be a real beauty!
/Fredrik

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #197 on: November 18, 2019, 10:00:54 AM »
Hi Frank , I have protractor maked out on my cutting matt and use that . 45 degree and 90 degree . Thanks Fredrik for the kind comment  :)

Okay after spend most of the day in front of the bench . Lower rib tapes on done and the national markings in place .
The decals are frustrating to work with . They will not side of the backing . I have to lift a corner and remove the backing like a sticker . A few broke , but no biggy , keeping the surface wet really aids in these decals . Once pressed down any movement and the will tare . Again everything got a sealant coat of future .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #198 on: November 18, 2019, 10:01:24 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #199 on: November 18, 2019, 10:01:52 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2019, 10:23:36 AM »
Weekends first report . Started last night appling the upper rib tapes on the lower wing and finished off the top wing this afternoon . National markings are in place as well . Ready to start the weathering process now but first the wings will be dulled down a bit . They have many coats for future and the surface is now to shiney and the wash will only bead . Up next as well is starting to make the turnbuckles , which i have a idea making this easier more to come on that later .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #201 on: November 24, 2019, 10:24:10 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #202 on: November 24, 2019, 10:24:53 AM »

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #203 on: November 24, 2019, 10:46:47 AM »
Your hard work is paying off Terri, she looks great.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #204 on: November 24, 2019, 05:25:44 PM »
How much I lost having been offline for a while! Beautiful work, your painting of this SSW is outstanding.
And the building steps are invaluable reference for who is going to build this model.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #205 on: November 24, 2019, 07:45:28 PM »
Tip Top modelling, Terri!
Keep going...

vB  8)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #206 on: November 24, 2019, 11:54:32 PM »
Your tapes and crosses are outstanding T! Looking forward to the weathering!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #207 on: November 25, 2019, 06:15:43 AM »
Missed out on this Terri - those lozenge transfers look extremely well done. The crosses are excellent too - not long to finish now.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #208 on: November 25, 2019, 11:14:34 AM »
Thanks everyone for the very kind comments , really means a lot to me  :)

End of weekend report ...

Before I spray a dull coat over everything for the pastel chalks to grab the surface . A wash was applied all over the fuselage . For this I used Flory's grime . Once dried a damp towel was used to wipe away the excess . This wash was ran over the tires on the wheels , but not removed . Now everything was dull coat . Chipping I used Vallejo model air alum and for the dirt and grime I used different shades of pastel chalks . Oil staining I used tamiya smoke thinned down with future and Tamiya chalk ( oil stain ) . Fuselage was then sprayed a semi gloss and the wings dull coat . Engine is mounted and cowl on . Guns are also fixed in place along with the fuel gauge .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #209 on: November 25, 2019, 11:15:09 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch