Author Topic: Rodens SSW D.III 1/32  (Read 29132 times)

Offline IanB

Re: Rodens SSW D.III 1/32
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2019, 03:41:45 AM »
 Another S.III? I'm sure it will be the perfect partner for the last one you built. I must get on to my 1:72 one, and its older brother!

Ian

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2019, 11:39:22 AM »
Hi Ian , yup another one  :) This is the one I won in the GB and couldn't wait to start it . I do have another in the stash  ;)

Being enjoying my time in front of bench . Nice to be able to kick back and relax . Firewall is ready for paint . The bolts are from Grant line of products . Ammo bin was back off with plastic card 0.10 and the gun cables added . Cockpit floor got some details as well . The front former was removed and replaced with plastic strips 0.30 x 0.30 . Runners on the floor are 0.10 x 0.30

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2019, 11:03:49 PM »
Awesome details T!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2019, 01:14:18 AM »
Thanks Rick  :) With morning coffee I started doing some black basing in prep of the metal coat . Rear former got sprayed Tamiya deck tan for the linen , still have the wooden frame work to paint . And I decided to back the PE parts for the cockpit framing with .10thou card . The PE parts are just to thin for this and won't look right . I super glue them down to scrap card and started drilling holes inside the frames . Once the centers are cleaned out then I will cut around them freeing them from their tomb .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2019, 01:14:55 AM »
 :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2019, 03:21:58 AM »
Nothing like caffeine to get things going!

Offline FAf

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2019, 08:24:31 PM »
Looks like great work! I realised, when looking at your choice of scheme, that one reason for my trip into WWI land was because of all the fun painting options... /Fredrik

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2019, 11:08:16 PM »
Moving along nicely Terri! I have used that method on PE before. Works great.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2019, 11:14:54 PM »
Caffeine is always a plus Ken  ;) Cheers !

Thanks FAf  :) Yes there is a wide range of liveiers on WW 1 aircraft and I'm always finding new ones .

Side frames is now all cleaned up and ready and I made a start on the seat . The cushion which isn't so great is made using .20 thou card layer and I just started hacking way until the use of a power tool came out (dremel ) followed by a drill bit and buttons . Also added the piping around the cushion as well .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2019, 11:15:38 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2019, 11:16:10 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2019, 11:19:36 PM »
Moving along nicely Terri! I have used that method on PE before. Works great.
RAGIII

Thanks Rick  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2019, 09:16:44 AM »
Progress has gone very well today to the point ...more paint has been laid down . Painting of the cockpit parts are now under way and the base coat to start the wood effect .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2019, 09:17:16 AM »

Terri , gone back to the bench  :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2019, 09:23:26 AM »
Wow Terri, your attention to detail is shining thru on this one too.  Looks great.