Author Topic: WETA Sale - 30% off kits/40% off accessories/books/decals  (Read 2943 times)

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
WETA Sale - 30% off kits/40% off accessories/books/decals
« on: September 29, 2019, 10:37:58 AM »
Had not been to WETA site in a while and was happy to see that they are having a sale.  Just have to see if available at your area warehouse (US, EU & NZ) due to shipping cost.  Just FYI, not affiliated with WETA.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 10:49:17 AM by Juan »

Offline Jeff K

Re: WETA Sale - 30% off kits/40% off accessories/books/decals
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 04:49:14 PM »
i just ordered the book "The FE2b Flies again," and my Weta dollars from previous purchases covered the shipping cost.

make sure if you order from Weta they have what you want at the warehouse on your continent. (or closest, i live in Thailand and so only order from their NZ warehouse).  shipping from the wrong warehouse will erase your savings.

WNW themselves offer more reasonable shipping rates.

I think Weta are getting out of the WNW business, their inventory is dwindling and they don't get new releases. that said, even if they discount their kits more steeply in the future, the postage from the wrong warehouse may still destroy the discount.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 06:12:42 PM »
Thank you for spotting the deal.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 02:29:51 AM »
Thanks for noticing Juan, got an early DVII at a nice price.

Offline Juan

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 08:22:30 AM »
Thanks for noticing Juan, got an early DVII at a nice price.

Glad you took advantage of the sale.  I bought a couple of D.VIIs myself (now sold out at Weta, and on preorder), shipping for two kits is a few dollars more, but three almost doubles the cost of  the shipping for two, you have to play with the shopping cart to see what works better.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 10:10:37 PM by Juan »

Offline Juan

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 05:18:53 AM »
WETA no longer carries Wingnut Wings...

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 05:27:36 AM »

What has happened there then?

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline Juan

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 06:16:47 AM »

Richard
WETA was the original distribution source, but now there are many.  My guess is that the amount of new distributors is making sales slow.  They had their sale for a long time, maybe all stock went back to WNW.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 07:40:38 AM »

Richard
WETA was the original distribution source, but now there are many.  My guess is that the amount of new distributors is making sales slow.  They had their sale for a long time, maybe all stock went back to WNW.

Isn't WETA part of Peter Jackson's folio?

Richard

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2020, 10:10:19 AM »

Richard

Isn't WETA part of Peter Jackson's folio?

Richard

Yes
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2020, 11:55:31 AM »
As I understand it WETA  took on a sales role for Wingnuts but then Wingnuts set up an international distribution network involving retailers worldwide. WETA essentially scaled back its Wingnuts role, did not stock new release kits and then had a sale on its back catalogue stock.

Now the Wingnuts brand has vanished from the WETA catalogue and the web page says "not found" so we assume unsold kits went back to WnW headquarters stock?

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2020, 12:17:40 AM »
i'd bet something like that. it happened a while ago. can't remember the exact date but i think it was pre-plague.

Offline ermeio

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2020, 02:16:47 AM »
I suppose that they simply went sold out...
No more than two weeks ago there were still some kits left off at Weta in Europe with 30-40% off. Just a few, like Camels at 55 € or Felixstowe at 170€
But it was simply ridiculous since once you added the shipping cost and VAT over the total you reached the usual market price that you could find in the stores. The strange part was that you check out to the Weta store with the lower price and found the higher price in Paypal.
I dropped out straightly. I went back to check if they had some leftover this week and they did not have anything.
It could also be that some wholesale bought everything from them since they also accepted orders from wholesales.

Offline ermeio

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2020, 04:49:12 PM »
Received today from the Weta Workshop:

We're still operating - just a bit slower
We’re temporarily downing tools and uniting against COVID-19, but we’re still shipping from our EU and US warehouses - just with a delivery delay on some products.
Our despatch warehouse in New Zealand is closed and we're taking pre-orders that will be sent as soon as our Government gives the all-clear.
We hope you’re safe and thank you for your ongoing support during this challenging time.
Read our full delivery update.

So, IMHO, there are some chances that some WNW kits will be available again in the next months from Weta

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2020, 05:41:24 PM »
Received today from the Weta Workshop:

We're still operating - just a bit slower
We’re temporarily downing tools and uniting against COVID-19, but we’re still shipping from our EU and US warehouses - just with a delivery delay on some products.
Our despatch warehouse in New Zealand is closed and we're taking pre-orders that will be sent as soon as our Government gives the all-clear.
We hope you’re safe and thank you for your ongoing support during this challenging time.
Read our full delivery update.

So, IMHO, there are some chances that some WNW kits will be available again in the next months from Weta

That message has not been changed in weeks, and predates the message from Richard Alexander

It is out of date

Richard