Author Topic: WNW Junkers D.I  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Kreston

WNW Junkers D.I
« on: September 08, 2019, 04:38:48 AM »
My take on the WNW Junkers D.I. Overall, a fun build but the decals took some extra effort to conform to the corrugated wings and fuselage.
I shall never forget my admiration for that German pilot, who single handed, fought seven of us for ten minutes. I saw him go into a fairly steep dive and so I continued to watch, and then saw the triplane hit the ground and disappear into a thousand fragments...James McCudden

Offline Kreston

Re: WNW Junkers D.I
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 04:40:58 AM »
Close-up of the figure. If I remember correctly, he was sculpted by Steve Warrilow either for his own line or for the Wings Cockpit line.  Painted in oils over acrylics.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 07:15:54 AM by Kreston »
I shall never forget my admiration for that German pilot, who single handed, fought seven of us for ten minutes. I saw him go into a fairly steep dive and so I continued to watch, and then saw the triplane hit the ground and disappear into a thousand fragments...James McCudden

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 04:43:45 AM »
That is a stunner. The pilot looks particularly realistic but the finish on the aeroplane is also very good.

Stephen.

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 06:41:48 AM »
Fantastic build Kreston, the figure and dog get high praises also.  Congratulations

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 09:07:55 AM »
That's a fantastic build, great figure work, excellent base too. The subtle weathering is very effective.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 11:12:57 AM »
Stunning build indeed and the pilot is fab ! :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 11:50:25 PM »
Outstanding work! Lovely figure and setting!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler