Author Topic: Queensland Model Hobbies Expo  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Queensland Model Hobbies Expo
« on: August 25, 2019, 10:58:39 AM »
One of the biggest model shows in Australia is the Queensland Model Hobbies Expo ( QMHE) in the Brisbane area which always features a tempting array of great models and traders with the latest in kits and accessories.

The QMHE has been working its magic this weekend and we stopped by to see what WW1 gems were on the tables. Sadly there was very little in competition, but those that were competing were outstanding and some club displays featured some excellent 1/48th and 1/72 scale subjects.

First, the competition entries.

Wingnuts kit but, like all entries, no name displayed.

Club display table models

This was one of several 1/72 scale Fokker DR1s on display

As always a great show but the surprisingly low turnout of WW1 subjects in the competitions should be an incentive to others for next year!

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 04:08:39 PM by Dave W »
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Queensland Model Hobbies Expo
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 12:20:11 PM »
Some really nice builds there . Thanks for sharing Dave  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 06:16:20 PM »
Thanks for sharing Dave, a nice selection. At least there's still some there - I remember a few years back at QMHE that I was one of maybe two or three guys total who were entering WW1 aircraft. I think WNW has helped see the interest (and entrant numbers) spike at least a little bit. Good to see that there's at least a few fabric winged things there.

Cheers,

BC

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 05:59:37 AM »
Those tanks are really looking good.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Offline Vicious

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 09:09:48 AM »
I was present last year with 2 models for the first time, a Renault Ft-17 in 1/72 and a bust of a Sihk soldier in 1914, and it was really a nice weekend, unfortunately living in North QLD between plane, accomodation and all the rest this year I would be cost too much, when I registered I was told that I was the farthest participant, I hope to be there next year, this year I'm happy to look at the pictures, great works!