Author Topic: Group Build update  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Group Build update
« on: August 05, 2019, 01:54:36 PM »
A brief update now the group build competition has ended.

A list of all 25 completed builds is now with our 5 judges and we will announce the winners as soon as all the results are collated.

Please bear with us as this is not an instant process.

Thanks again to everyone who took part and to our wonderful sponsors & judges.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

Re: Group Build update
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 10:57:46 PM »
Dave,
Thank You for putting together this Wonderful Tribute to Des! I think just about every aspect of our shared interests was covered in the completed, and started, Models. Armor, Figures, scratch builds, Modified Aircraft Kits, OOB builds, All done to high standards!  It was a pleasure taking part!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 07:34:39 PM »
Yes - a fitting tribute to Des and his good lady - thanks Dave and a pat on the back to everyone who took part,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 09:31:25 PM »
Are you guys ok ? Haven't killed each other yet or gotten into huge arguments ?
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 10:22:25 PM »
It's okay Terri, I made sure the judges are separated by continents  :)

Seriously, judging is proceeding well and there are no dramas or arguments. Now if I'd had a category for the best interpretation of PC 10 on an RFC aircraft.....  :)

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 09:41:57 AM »
Thanks Dave , glad to hear that everyone is alive and well and it is going smoothly for you guys . I had this vision that Lance was giving the evil eye through a webcam . Picture it ...on your screen all you see is this eyeball , with the odd blink every so often with the possibility of a finger picking in the corner for that extra special effect if the message doesn't sink in .
Ray is on his end yelling into his mick ...THAT'S NOT A ALBATROS , THIS IS AN ALBATROS while waving a datafile around like he is swatting a fly frantically moving around in circles . While he gets dizzy and then you can't see him or hear him except for the fly . Not sure what the other judges are up to on their ends , this could be because of that EVIL EYE ! And then Dave is sitting there staring at the screen slaps his forehead with the palm of his hand ....I should have a V-8 ! But insteads recaches for a beer nesting comfortable on it's coaster ......until Dave pick it up ...bottle was empty !

Sorry just couldn't help help myself just wanted a little fun and I hope that no one takes this the wrong way .

No judges were harmed in the process of this post , but one forum member was ....

Terri , one to many  :-X

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 10:36:26 AM by Terri »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 06:22:08 PM »
Terri you crack me up :)  Nearly spilt my G&T, wot...

Seriously though Dave, some great work with the group build - given the number of participants and completed models, i'd say it's a fitting tribute to Des no matter what. It certainly got me off my posterior to apply some glue to styrene.  Bravo, chap!

Cheers,

BC

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2019, 02:53:37 PM »
A progress report update on the group build competition results...

Judging of all 25 completed builds is now completed and our hardworking judges have been preparing their placings so we can  announce the winners soon.

Please continue to bear with us as the judges say the astonishingly high quality of all entries has made their work all the more challenging.

All going well I hope to be able to announce our winners some time in the next week. All winners will also be contacted via PM for name and address details to send their prize.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Offline eclarson

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2019, 10:22:22 PM »
Thanks for the update Dave!  Seeing the work of my fellow participants, I did not envy the judges' task.   :)

Cheers,
Eric

Online Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2019, 11:03:05 PM »
I wouldn't worry about your Roland Eric - it's up there with the rest of the amazing models built in this worthy cause.
It's a real shame that many great builds couldn't be completed in time - that would have the judges job even more difficult. ;)

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.