Author Topic: Wingnuts Junkers D.1 progress  (Read 3393 times)

Bughunter

Re: Wingnuts Junkers D.1 progress
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2019, 02:25:28 AM »
Dave, this is a great corrugated iron Junkers!
I will be happy, if my unbuilt 1/48 Roden looks one one like your model.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2019, 02:38:31 AM »
Extraordinary work all 'round, Dave!  Love the look of the guns and the exhaust, in particular.  Very realistic.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2019, 05:07:36 AM »
As others have written Dave, that is a stunning model and figure: I would never have guessed that you have been recovering from hand surgery looking at the photos of that model.

Stephen

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2019, 05:22:38 AM »
    That's a lovely little model Dave, and doubly so given the health issues you've been dealing with. It's nice to see you getting some time for yourself and relaxing a bit with this Build ................... keep it up and have another ready to go when this one is completed! :)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2019, 05:06:08 PM »
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement everyone. It means a lot to me and I really appreciate the support.

Lance... Thanks to forum member Ryan I have another Wingnuts kit already underway. I had stalled on a Pfalz DXII and abandoned it last year but after Ryan posted about his AMC DH9 problems and his determination to salvage the project, I was motivated by his enthusiasm to drag the Pfalz off the shelf of shame and re-start it. So huge thanks to Ryan for the motivation and it's proof of how everyone here helps one another with shared enthusiasm.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2019, 07:46:58 PM »
Nice work!!

Steve