Author Topic: Clifton Curios,Ashby-de-la-Zouch,Leics,UK.  (Read 4240 times)

Offline DaveM

Clifton Curios,Ashby-de-la-Zouch,Leics,UK.
« on: June 10, 2019, 02:02:42 PM »
Clifton Curios model shop has recently re-located from Breedon on the Hill to Ashby-de-la-Zouch.At present Mike is only open at the weekends,Sat 9.30am-4 pm/Sun 10 am-4pm,and he is also open bank holidays from 10am-4pm.This is a real 'bricks and mortar' shop that does not cater for mail order.He stocks a very good range of kits,including Wingnut Wings and CSM models.There is ample car parking nearby,reasonably priced on Saturdays,free on Sundays.Brilliant café next door for those of a hungry nature.Great location,drop the other half to go and browsw the shops in Ashby while you spend your hard earned in Mikes emporium!Its also near to Ashby Castle for you history buffs.
Clifton Curios,
3A Bakery Court,(off Market St),
Ashby-de-la-Zouch,
Leicestershire,
LE65 1AF.
Tel:01827 373497(after 6pm)
Mob:07443 536 474

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: Clifton Curios,Ashby-de-la-Zouch,Leics,UK.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 11:55:10 PM »
Sounds great. Hopefully whatever he has to do full time gets put away and he can expand his hours.

Steve

Offline DaveM

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 04:09:41 PM »
Forgot to mention that Mike also has a bit of a web page,but I must restate the fact that he does not do mail order.You can ring him and place an order,then he will contact you and you can have a pleasant drive over to Ashby to pick it up.
Mike is dipping his toes in the water to see wether its feasible to open more hours as the shop has only recently opened and it takes time to establish a footing.
His web page is www.cliftoncuriosmodels.co.uk

Offline DaveM

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 05:35:05 AM »
Mike now opens on Fridays,9.30am to 4.00pm.He has also revised his opening times for Sundays and Bank holidays,10.00am until 3.00pm,please note the earlier closing times on these days.SWMBO did not look too happy when I told her the shop was now open on a Friday lol! :) :) :)

Dave.

Offline SimonCornes

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 08:47:47 PM »
Mike has re-opened after the lockdown but only on certain days - check his website. In theory you should book a time slot when you want to visit as numbers within the shop are limited to, I think , 3. But Mike will probably give you a coffee voucher for the cafe next door and he's always good for a chin wag whilst we put the world to rights. I know he's had a pretty tough time following COVID because he was hoping to recoup his costs from moving from Breedon by April this year so COVID has upset that plan but he's a one man band who is worth supporting - and wasn't eligible for any of the government hand outs that other SME's were able to apply for - so please pay him a visitor when you can, he's a proper model shop who caters for more than just aircraft but you can virtually guarantee that he'll have in stock all of the latest products.

Offline DaveM

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 01:07:19 AM »
A big shout out to Mike at his shop.Recently bought a CSM Italian armoured car here,about a month ago decided to construct it.Problem,no sprue C,this includes turret parts.Contact Mike by text,he rings me back,states no sprue C in all his stock and that he will contact Riga.Got a call last week,picked up sprue C last Friday from his shop.Impressesd with his response and actions.Another problem arose though when I picked it up,bought more kits and stuff lol.

Offline SimonCornes

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 04:35:57 AM »
Mike is a top guy, having recovered from Covid he just plugs away and makes sure that his customers are happy. There can’t be a better recommendation- he’s the real deal!! I really must get over and buy something!!

Offline DaveM

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2022, 04:00:02 PM »
I hate Mike LOL.Went over just to buy some bits and bobs.Came away with the CSM Caudron GIII which he has just taken delivery of.(Only joking about hating him LOL!).

Lighter wallet Dave.

Offline DaveM

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2022, 05:11:08 AM »
Another wallet lightening visit,this time the CSM French Armoured Car Mod.1914.Also purchased 4 of the CSM French Marines to crew the A/C.Drat the man for stocking such goodies  ;D ;D ;D

Offline SimonCornes

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2022, 09:00:23 AM »
Youve got to admit that he stocks exceedingly good kits - damn him!!!!😀

Offline DaveM

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2022, 06:08:21 AM »
Just a heads up about the shop not being open from the 25th of this month.This is due to Mike having to having a cataract op.He is open Friday 24th,and then re-opens Friday 8th July.He has sent this message out in case anyone is thinking of travelling to Ashby and he doesn't want them to have a wasted trip during this period of time.Postive note is that what you don't spend during this time,can be put to a larger package upon your next visit.The only downside is attempting to smuggle goods past SWMBO ;D

Offline SimonCornes

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2022, 07:56:36 AM »
Thanks for the update Dave. I haven’t been over for a few months and wasn’t aiming to go this week but well
worth knowing- let’s hope the op goes well!!

Offline DaveM

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2023, 04:48:15 PM »
Hi all,just a small heads up about the shop this weekend.Mike has informed us to save anyone a wasted journey,Clifton Curio's will not be open this Saturday 28th January.The shop will be open Friday and Sunday as usual.

Thanks for looking............Dave.