Author Topic: RB Productions Spatter Airbrush Stencil  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Black Max 72

RB Productions Spatter Airbrush Stencil
« on: June 07, 2019, 11:19:33 AM »
Just ordered this from RB Productions, the same company that does the wood grain stencils. Description is as follows:- "Create random spatter patterns with an airbrush. Use this tool to create mud spatters, bleached paint spots, corrosion effects and a variety of other effects on your scale model." Definitely looks like it could be of some use.

Dave Rickard
Rockhampton QLD 

Offline Dave Brewer

Re: RB Productions Spatter Airbrush Stencil
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 12:13:26 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Dave,I'll be sure to grab one next time I order from Radu.His woodgrain stencils are great too,so this should be useful.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 11:04:42 PM »
You could almost use for Eindecker metal work too.

Ryan
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline Black Max 72

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 01:13:28 PM »
You could almost use for Eindecker metal work too.

Ryan

I did think of that as a possible use especially in 1/48, it might be a little to irregular of a pattern for 1/32 where the squiggles are more noticeable, but I could be wrong so I'll give it a go and see, I have a Eindecker in my stash so if the effect looks good it'll save me a few hours and my sanity hand painting those damn squiggles (I wonder if Tony Fokker has a good evil laugh in the afterlife every time a modeller curses  and swears trying to replicate the effect in scale!) It's a wonder Radu hasn't made a squiggle stencil, might have to suggest it. I want to if I can replicate the salt weathering technique with it without the mess. I love the blotchy effect Ronny Barr gives his aircraft in his profiles, I reckon this stencil will be perfect for that

Dave Rickard
Rockhampton QLD

Offline Ryan

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 12:19:32 AM »
I messaged Radu to see if a set like this would be possible.

LOL on the Tony Fokker remark.

Ryan
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 09:32:19 AM »
Hope he can,I hate painting those swirls.

Offline Black Max 72

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 12:37:32 PM »
I messaged Radu to see if a set like this would be possible.

LOL on the Tony Fokker remark.

Ryan

I'd definitely buy two if Radu did them in 1/32 and 1/48. There would still be a market for them as not only are some of the WNW Eindeckers still available but Eduard is still selling their 1/48 Eindeckers as well as Special Hobby's 1/32 Fokker D.II's, it would even help with small jobs like the ammo boxes in the Dr.I and DVII.

Dave Rickard
Rockhampton QLD

Offline Olieslagers

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 01:44:41 AM »
For some reason I have no problems doing spatter patterns with my airbrushhttps://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/Smileys/default/grin.gif