Author Topic: Hello from Berlin  (Read 1827 times)

Offline Lozenge

• Build models or make war...
Hello from Berlin
« on: June 01, 2019, 08:58:57 AM »
Hello comunity,

as it is a good old tradition I'm going to write a bit a aboute my reason to be here, myself and my projects.

I'm from Berlin Germany, nearly half a century old and do like history, reading, modelbuilding. I've got no TV or radio any longer getting more time for modelbuilding and reading. I'm in real life a sales coach and the motivational clown of my sales division. My modeling interest is mainly in modelshipbuilding and airplanes.

I do again play the old PC-game RISE OF FLIGHT and I'm still in my Albartos D.III . I love this game as it is slowly enough for my bad eyesight. And so I'll try to build my own airframe in 1/32 from a Roden or in 1/48 from some Eduard kitkit. Just to place her over the PC monitor as some motivation. Nothing special just as she is the game - quite straightforeward.

So I do a restart of the airplanes after several years with a pile of e-bay-pray: Roden, Eduard, Pegasus and Choroszy Modelbud.
There is the beloved A.E.G. G.IV in 1/72. In the similar scale the sharky-looking L.V.G Roland D.II a horrible aircraft to land as one had no sight to the ground - but one fantastic maschine to fly - my personal optical favorite. Due to an framed AEG advertising fromm 1918 in my living room I was certainly thinking about the A.E.G. G.IV as a 1/48 kit. But the difference to the WNW kit is so little i and the quality was discriped as so low, that I decided to buy two Mercedes D.III engine resin kits instead - and hoping for some good plans to scratch the body later for less money. On sunday I'll go to the German Technical Museum at the Landwehrkanal with my wife to make some pictures of this engine.  :-X 

The most impressive history of the first world war seems to me the RichthofenHalberstadt D.II story. (I ordered the 1/72 Pegasus kit  ;D ). This because of the astonishing story of Freiherr Manfred von Richthofen who landed his gun bulled holed maschine in a field and due to some fence it swifted into a crash landing in Dec.1916. Some minutes later he entered his airfield to took the next Halberstadt  D.II and started immideadly towards his next air victory. Most of his areal fights and kills he will have made in this very little known Halberstadt D.II. Even WNW doesn't have this maschine in their portfolio... very sad. But as the kit is very tiny in 1/72 I'll try something simpler in the start.

Don't hasitate to ask if you have any questions,

Best wishes from Berlin and sorry for my bad English.,

Yours,
Lozenge

"Well, how'd you do, Private William McBride?
Do you mind if I sit here down by your graveside?"
Eric Bogle - "No man's land"

Offline GazzaS

Re: Hello from Berlin
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 09:22:25 AM »
Hello Lozenge!
   Welcome to the Forums!  I too  played Rise of Flight for a little while, then got out of online games.  Now I'm back to building models.

My Favorite WWI aircraft is the Albatros D.III, but I'm hoping that someday WNW makes the Halberstadt D.II. 

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your builds!

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline Lozenge

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 09:42:46 AM »
Thanks, Gaz,

that's very kind. The Alb.D.III is also a great aircraft. Sorry you got away from the gaming - but so you made some more hours for modeling ;)
Till WNW builds to all of us the Halb.D.II we have to scratch a bit...

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 02:29:40 PM »
Welcome aboard, Lozenge!  I look forward to seeing your projects on this forum. 
It seems you're not totally committed to 1/32 scale, so if you really want a Halberstadt D.II in your collection, the Blue Max 1/48 scale kit is still available.
https://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/featured/blue-max-1-48-halberstadt-d-ii.html

Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 09:56:30 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Lozenge, I know you will more then enjoy the limitless information, support, and friendship that is available here and look forward to your contributions.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 10:06:36 PM »
Welcome to the Forum. I know you will find all you need here. I look forward to your projects.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Bughunter

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 11:57:20 PM »
Another user from Germany - welcome!
Have great fun in this very nice community!

Cheers,
Frank

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 01:53:08 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Lozenge.
Enjoy!

von B  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Lozenge

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 06:46:34 AM »
Thanks a lot for this warm welcome...

I promice to do my very best in building nice war birds. Some times they are more to the side of quite strange  till ugly like the Imperial Russian and Imperial German Bombers or very strange thinks like the Royal-Imperial Austro-Hungerian Lloyd 40.15 (Triplane) and 40.16 (Biplane) here in one drawing:

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 06:42:14 PM »
Hello Lozenge! Welcome to this great place of endless inspiration and knowledge.
Have fun here,
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2019, 09:55:27 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Lozenge. Enjoy!!

Steve

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2019, 12:19:14 PM »
Greetings Lozenge

A warm welcome to the Forum. I hope you enjoy your time here and share your models with our growing family of WW1 model enthusiasts.

kind regards

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Borsos

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 05:43:07 PM »
Another Kraut! Welcome to the crowd!
I am keen on seeing your models.
Greetings from Southern Germany
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2019, 06:06:02 AM »
Welcome, this is a great place for modellers and WW1 aviation enthusiasts.
Ciao
Giuseppe