Author Topic: "You Win This Time"!  (Read 4189 times)

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
Re: "You Win This Time"!
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2019, 06:41:19 AM »
As others have said, it all looks great.  The water is depicted very realistically.  The shredded fabric is convincing.  And it tells a story the way the pilot is posed.

Bravo!

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2019, 10:13:28 AM »
Brad - you never cease to amaze me with your models and this diorama is jaw-droppingly brilliant ! It tells a wonderful story visually and the Albatros is a gem. Please tell us whose lozenge decals you used, because these are not Eduard. I love Eduard kits but their lozenge colour choices just don't ring true for me. Yours is perfect!

Also what did you use to create the water? That's a diorama aspect I would love to know more about.

Thanks for sharing your build with us.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Online Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2019, 02:18:35 PM »
Many thanks again everyone!

Dave - the water is a product called Envirotex Lite - which is a two part slow curing resin. Here is a source for Aussie customers:

https://aldaxstore.com.au/p/593431/envirotex-lite---pour-on---high-gloss-finish-500ml-kit-aus-customers-only.html

This resin takes a good 8-12 hours to cure and up to 72 hours to completely and fully harden. I "dammed" the edges of the diorama before the pour.

The resin cures with a flat surface. The ripples were added with mod podge gloss, blown about with air from an airbrush to form the ripples.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

BC

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2019, 06:57:24 AM »
Thanks for the tip, Brad!  Your Albatros and Diorama are excellent as I said on another site.  I really like the shredded fabric effects as well.

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2019, 10:55:40 PM »
Amazing work. The trial and (no) error on the water is perfect!!

Steve

Bughunter

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2019, 05:20:27 AM »
Brad, what a great story telling dio!
I really like the wood, the water and the filigree damages, which brings up internal details.
This is in all aspects on a very high level, great painting, detailing and environment.

Sorry for my late answer, I thought I posted already. Forgot to press "Post" after "Preview", not the first time ::)

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Brez

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2019, 07:42:26 PM »
Beautiful, amazing work as always Brad. The water takes it to an even higher level.