Author Topic: Halfway point in the Des Delatorre International Memorial Group Build  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
We are now at the halfway stage of the Des Delatorre International Memorial Group Build and I am impressed beyond words at the astonishing models being produced to honour the memory of our late Forum founder. Thank you so much to everyone who is taking part in this GB and those who are supporting it.

In the interests of fairness to everyone I have not commented on any of the GB builds but I am daily in awe of the spectacular models being shown on the GB board. Des would be so happy to see WW1 modelling in such good heart and, judging from the steady increase in members and visitor numbers, the growth in WW1 models in our hobby.

The group build officially ends on August 2 ( Australian time) after which our judges will award points and prizes will then be dispatched to the winners.

Based on the popularity of our inaugural Des Delatorre memorial GB, it is our intention to now make this an annual event.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
I find the variety amazing - kits, scratchbuilds, skeletal, wood, different scales, etc.  Even a tank!

Here is an opportunity to make something different, as Des encouraged people to do.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
   As one of your Judges for the Group Build Awards I too have refrained from comment on the entries. Given the incredible response and the spectacular quality of the Builds that is a difficult task; rest assured I'm studying everyone's contributions daily and as Dave has so aptly expressed, I too am in awe of what's underway here!
   I believe our "little group" has come of age these past several months. The general atmosphere of kinship, friendliness, and support of one another's efforts has grown even stronger and resulted in an incredibly secure and trusting arena for us all to share our knowledge and enthusiasm for the hobby. We are blessed to have such a wonderful group of Members from all over this world of ours, a truly international "Band of Brothers" (and Sisters!). Des would be so proud, and justifiably so, of how far this Forum has come in so short a time.
    So keep up the good work and deeds, Folks. Let's continue to foster a place to enjoy our efforts, support one another and provide inspiration and encouragement for everyone on our nominal roll. This is such a great thing we have going here!
Cheers,
Lance