Author Topic: WW1 Aerial Map  (Read 1511 times)

Online RAGIII

WW1 Aerial Map
« on: April 14, 2019, 06:31:38 AM »
I am in need of a 1/32nd Map for my Nieuport It was NO Trouble finding examples Online but My printer will not allow Me to reduce the size to what I need. I will Happily pay a reasonable price and postage if someone can help me. My Map box is about 10mm square. I also think that the 1/48th Maps provided in Eduards WW1 Pilot and Groundcrew figure sets Might work. Any Assistance appreciated. PM me if you can help! Thanks
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online RAGIII

Re: WW1 Aerial Map
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 11:16:10 PM »
Thanks Rob. They might work. Do you happen to know if the photos are actual size?
RAGIII

Online RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 06:48:29 AM »
I have ordered the 1/35th maps. Hopefully they will work out. Thanks again Rob.
RAGIII

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 06:08:08 PM »
Hi Rick

A cheap ( free)  map method I use is to Google suitable WW1 map images, print one out in A4 size  then stand back at a distance and photograph the print. Using a photo program ( I use Microsoft Office photo print) you can make a reduced new print for your model. I've also done this with WW1 newspapers for a diorama. Also applicable for posters and even vintage wallpaper for dioramas!

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Online RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 11:15:35 PM »
Hi Rick

A cheap ( free)  map method I use is to Google suitable WW1 map images, print one out in A4 size  then stand back at a distance and photograph the print. Using a photo program ( I use Microsoft Office photo print) you can make a reduced new print for your model. I've also done this with WW1 newspapers for a diorama. Also applicable for posters and even vintage wallpaper for dioramas!

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Thanks for the tip Dave. I will remember this when I need another Map! Perhaps this is something you could add to the Hints and Tips section?
RAGIII

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 12:43:23 AM »
Having seen your post regarding the windscreen on Dorme’s Nieuport, I now understand the map question.  Dave’s method is probably what you want, as I think the 1/35 maps might be too large a scale (they appear to be wall size campaign maps covering major portions of France). I would guess the map in the cockpit would be smaller scale covering a more limited area.