Author Topic: Wingnut Wings Competition  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Ian from Doncaster

Wingnut Wings Competition
« on: November 05, 2012, 11:45:55 PM »
The December 2012 issue of Airfix Model World magazine http://www.airfixmodelworld.com has a Wingnut Wings competition.  The prize includes the Fokker E.III (late) kit and the Hansa-Brandenurg W.29.  Both boxes to be signed by WNW staff.  The competition entry deadline is 22 February 2013, so for overseas readers who receive the magazine late there is plenty of time to enter.

Airfix Model World, irrespective of the title, is not all about Airfix - it is a general modelling magazine covering all genres and featuring a wide variety of manufacturers.  The magazine is also available via App download, as well as by mail order to beat the shipping time to the stores overseas.

I work for the same company that produces this magazine, therefore I cannot enter this competition, but thought folks on here may be interested.

Dekenba

Re: Wingnut Wings Competition
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 01:20:21 AM »
Thanks for that.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 03:05:23 AM »
I quite like the magazine. It does keep you up to date on all the Airfix releases and builds but also gives good coverage to all product lines. The prizes sure are tempting. Thanks for the heads up!!!

Steve

Offline eclarson

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 07:15:05 AM »
Hi Ian,

I'm guessing from the last sentence in your post that you work for Key Publishing? 

Just curious as I've had a few article published in Airfix Model World.  In fact, my first article (in June 2011) was also my last WWI build - Eduard's 1/48 OEFFAG Albatros.    :)

Cheers,
Eric

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 10:03:24 AM »
I do indeed, but not on that magazine.  I know the team that do, and I always look out for WWI reviews including the Albatros build of yours :)

Offline eclarson

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 10:47:36 AM »
I do indeed, but not on that magazine.  I know the team that do, and I always look out for WWI reviews including the Albatros build of yours :)

Cool!  If I may ask, what is your job there?  Chris Clifford is my AMW contact and is a great guy to work with.  I'd never written for publication before so had a lot to learn - and still do! 

My recent projects for them have been more modern aircraft but I hope to get a WWI build in there in the not-too-distant future.  Maybe even a WNW kit. :-)

Cheers,
Eric