Author Topic: Ammo MIG clear water  (Read 409 times)

Online Edo

Ammo MIG clear water
« on: February 09, 2019, 06:10:21 PM »
hallo friends,
I got myself a jar of Ammo (MIG) clear water acrilic medium to simulate water in dioramas.
It is the fery first time I am trying to use it and I am a little puzzled.
To experiment I added a poodlle in my vignette featuring a rusty Ford Model T.
For the first try I used a spatula to lay a ‘thin’ layer but still after many days some areas of it were still not cured in fact they were still white and not clear at all.
Stripped it and redid it using an old brush, better results but still I hoped for something better.
Third try was made by dilutind the acrilic medium (which, by the way, comes in a white paste like mayo) in water.
In this way it was really self levelling (while in the earlier tryies was not despite what is stated on the label) but still it does take ages to cure and, to my eye in some spots it is not really clear....
I’ ll post some pictures soon, but I wanted to ask you some advice if you have any experience with it....

thank you in advance
ciao
edo

Online Edo

Re: Ammo MIG clear water
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 12:07:58 AM »
here is some pictures

this last picture shows the diluted 'cream' I applied last night, as you can see a heavy dilution consented a flat surface, but after 12 houres it is still not cured and consider it was a paintbrush tip of cklear water and 20 drops ow real water....
When it is cured I'll show you how it has tourned out.