Author Topic: Squiffy's Kites  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Squiffy

• Something up with my banter, chaps?
Squiffy's Kites
« on: January 21, 2019, 08:02:51 AM »
Evening, chaps!

It's been a long time since I posted anything on here so you probably won't remember me. I haven't built anything new for a couple of years and all my photos that were on this site went in the great photobucket massacre, so I shall attempt to put up some photos of past glories - I am a complete computer dummy, so fingers crossed that this works...

If this works there should be some photos  of my 1/72 scale scratchbuilt F.E.2b.Night Bomber, as per the one in the RAF Museum, at Hendon.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Squiffy's Kites
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 09:18:01 AM »
Welcome back,  Squiffy!  Great to see you here again!  Now, quit slacking and get back to work!!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 10:34:52 AM »
Squiffy,
     Au, contraire (forgive the spelling I suspect!) I remember you well and particularly your models! Nice to see you back here and good lord, a SCRATCH BUILT 1:72nd "Fee", now that's modelling and it's a beauty. I hope you'll add more to fill in the great gap left by those wonderful folks at "Photoransom", hopefully we're all but over that mess!
Cheers & Welcome Back,
Lance

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 10:42:04 AM »
Excellent work Squiffy and great photos too.

I'm always in awe of scratchbuilders. Many thanks for posting these great images of a great model.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 12:54:52 PM »
Really great to see you back and get another look at your work! That Photobucket disaster really hurt many a great thread!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 10:46:57 PM »
I missed this before and it's a really great model, looking a larger scale.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Squiffy

• Something up with my banter, chaps?
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 12:10:37 AM »
Thanks, chaps.

I will put up some more photos later. I didn't have them on my computer but managed to save most of the photos that were on photobucket. I'm sure that I got the photos of my DH10 scratchbuild, so I will see if I can edit the build thread and it may give me the encouragement to get on and finish it.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 06:54:14 AM »
Good to see you back Squiffy. Really looking forward to seeing your models again: and as Bud has written, now get on with them!

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 11:35:55 AM »
Very nice ! :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .