Author Topic: Another Brisfit! Eduard 1/48 Profipack  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Gisbod

Another Brisfit! Eduard 1/48 Profipack
« on: January 16, 2019, 10:54:06 PM »
Hi all,

Yet another Brisfit.. I seem to be following in Frank’s workbench stash footsteps. Just don’t expect the same level of detail!

I’ve always admired this kit from afar, but I’ve generally been put off smaller scale - not really knowing how I can emulate the rigging to the same standard as 1/32 but I’m going to give it a go anyway.

Having just built the new Eduard SE5a I was expecting a lot. It’s definitely not the same standard however. That’s not to say it’s a bad kit, it just shows how far Eduard have come lately. It looked a little dated.

It comes with the usual Eduard offerings in their Profipacks - some masking (wheels) & a PE fret.

I’ve also obtained the Montex Masks set (for the Roden kit). This offers the markings for their kit no. 425 with 4 options. The PC10/ White Aussie one, 2 fairly standard PC10 schemes and lastly, a 141 Sqn night Fighter with the cockerel motif. This last one interests me as it’s from the same squadron as the stripy fuselaged ones photographed just after the Armistice.

The colours aren’t known. The general consensus has been Grey/ PC10 (or NIVO). Wingnut Wings suggest yellow/ black or possibly red/ black. As it was after the Armistice, there’s, perhaps, no guarantee it was intended as camouflage? The wing colours aren’t known, but if I was taking a punt, it would be standard colours except the fuselage. Yellow/ black appeals. I’m drawn to that at least. Haven’t decided for certain though.

I’ve just got the cockpit completed and fuse closed up. Few usual hiccups - the curved support bar for the Vickers broke so is replaced by brass rod. I’ve added the linen pockets at the rear with a thin brass sheet. The wicker seat is Eduard’s PE.

Bit daunting this one, but should be a challenge!

Cheers

Guy

Ps the problem with 1/48 having built a 1/32 version is that it’s never going to be as good...  ???

“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline RAGIII

Re: Another Brisfit! Eduard 1/48 Profipack
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 11:52:22 PM »
Outstanding interior. Lovely wood and instrument work! I had to double check the scale in your heading  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 12:58:34 AM »
Agree with Rick in every aspect, great beginning to what I am sure will be another one of your stunners.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 03:01:32 AM »
You're off to a brilliant start, Guy!  That cockpit is pure eye candy!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Borsos

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 04:19:51 AM »
And another GREAT Brisfit it is going to be. Very nice interior!
Best regards
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 06:17:21 AM »
Not as good... I really like it!

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 06:19:16 AM »
Thanks all  :)

Just a quick correction. The Wingnuts picture suggested yellow/ black or yellow/ red. I did notice the wheel cover seems to be painted the same colour as the dark stripes.. that could suggest red rather than black?

The red & yellow option may look a tad garish!

Guy

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 06:22:30 AM »
... and the cockerel’s legs on the further aircraft seem to be a very similar hue as that of the stripes? Probably yellow?

It’s like detective work!

Guy

Bughunter

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 08:13:37 AM »
Yet another Brisfit.. I seem to be following in Frank’s workbench stash footsteps.
Oh yeah, a group build! I will watch - and thank you for mention my actual build.
But I'm sure you will overtake me, if I remember your SE.5a build right ;)

The tooling of this Brisfit kit was created 2005, so you can't really compare this again the latest SE.5a kit. And what I have heard is, that the tooling shows some abrasion (my kit was done 2007, so it was may be better compared to actual ones). It was released 9 time by Eduard and Revell used the tooling too.

I am curious about you final painting decision! I assume that my decision could not be changed anymore 8)

Cheers,
Frank
PS: If you are following so closely - I have also a active build of a Dolphin ;D

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 04:33:10 PM »
Thanks Frank,

Yes, it is an older kit now I guess, but the difference between the two (SE5a) is massive. But good for Eduard that they have come such a long way.

It’s certainly going to present challenges - mainly for me, what to paint, when! I’d love to construct as much as possible then paint, but it’s just not going to be possible with this complex bird I think. It’s going to take a bit of forward planning! The lower slung wing, the complex rigging, the complex paint scheme...  ???

I follow all your builds Frank!

Guy

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 04:46:18 PM »
... just a little more detective work...

The Cockerel’s plume would have been red. If you look (very) closely at the further aircraft - the plume shade is definitely different to the fuselage colours - presumably ruling out red stripes?

???

Guy

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 06:23:25 PM »
Absolutely breathtaking. The interior looks very realistic. I will definitely follow this build very closely because I have exactly the same scheme for my Brisfit in mind.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau