Author Topic: Albatros B.II (1:32, Wingnut Wings, Melius Manu conversion) - Poznań, 1925  (Read 5806 times)

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
My pleasure to present you my vision of Albatros B.II flown by members of civilian Polish Aviators' Union (Związek Lotników Polskich) from Poznań-Ławica airfield in 1925.
Wingnut Wings model was converted to late configuration using the well recommendable set prepared by Melius Manu including resin bits for stick controls, upper wing radiator, exhaust manifold, tail skid, broad struts and the icing on the cake - top class decals. Besides it I used Taurus Models resin bits for Mercedes D.II engine (timing gear, spark plugs, priming cups), Scale Spokes spoked wheels and the propeller is from custom cut veneer layers coming from a fellow modeller.
Let me thank Szymon and Kajetan from Melius Manu, Bogdan from Mr.Decal, Artur for the presented propeller -without you this model would have never been built!

« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 06:08:07 PM by PrzemoL »
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline RAGIII

Your usual perfection in Modeling! I am sure you will soon have some Trophies and or plaques to display along with this Gorgeous Albatros!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Your usual perfection in Modeling! I am sure you will soon have some Trophies and or plaques to display along with this Gorgeous Albatros!
RAGIII
My Amigo beat me to it again!  His words express my thoughts exactly.  I think this may be the purest representation of a WWI vintage aircraft I've ever seen.  I love it!  I could stare at these images for hours, but I've got to get back to work on my Nieuports.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Another of your beautiful masterpieces completed.  Congratulations on this build and log.

Online buzby

awesome, another jewel in the collection
congratulations
 8)

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
Another superb model from your very productive bench Prze. Great work; crisp, clean, and wonderful finish!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline lone modeller

Prez I ran out of superlatives for your models a very long time ago. This is just another example of your extraordinary skill in building/converting a kit and turning it into something completely different. As usual I raise my hat to a master modeller.

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
Beautiful, clean and interesting as always when you create a model!
Bye,Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Borsos

Wonderful Build, another jewel all around!
Best regards
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Bughunter

What a nice Albatros!
Well done in all aspects, can go up and down trough the pics multiple times and find always new details.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Frank

Online PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
Thank you, gentlemen, I am very glad that my civilian post-war Albie is so greatly welcome :-)

Offline Adam

Przemek your model looks great as usual.
You showed a small piece of 100 years of Polish aviation history.
Congratulations.

Adam.

Offline hadzi

I love it Przemek, great work!

Online PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
Thank you, Jurek and Adam. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated.

Offline xan

Great , really great!
Wich color did you use to represent factory ( light and darker one please)
Xan
"Zwei Armeen, die sich bekämpfen, sind eine grosse Armee, die Selbstmord an sich übt."
Barbusse.
"Une montagne en Allemagne ne peut pas offenser une montagne en France. Ou une rivière ou une forêt ou un champ de blé."
Remarque.