Author Topic: Austro-Hungarian depth Charge; 50 kg Schönthalerbomben  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Tnarg

Austro-Hungarian depth Charge; 50 kg Schönthalerbomben
« on: January 02, 2019, 08:16:32 AM »
I am looking for any documentation (drawing or photos) of the 50 kg Schönthalerbomben used by the Austro-Hungarian air force in submarine warfare. I have the 7th volume of Osterreichs Luftfahrt in Einzeldarstellungen: Bewaffnung and Ausrstung der oster.-ungar. Fluzeuge which contains many drawings and photos of armament and even has a description of the depth charge.... but no drawing nor photo. it has the Skoda bomb and the smaller Carbonite bombs plus Wallersdorf and Traisen Nachtbombe pictures. but not this one... google translate has to be my friend since I don't read much German. However, if I see something i recognize, google can translate it reasonably well, or so I hope.

All this makes me wonder if there is possibly a photo of this elusive depth charge Schönthalerbomben. Thanks for any help or direction anyone can provide.

Tnarg

Offline Borsos

Re: Austro-Hungarian depth Charge; 50 kg Schönthalerbomben
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 08:30:38 AM »
What about contacting the Heeresgeschichtliche Museum in Vienna? They have I think by far the largest collection of a-h WWI stuff in the world and it would be my first address to look for something special regarding a-h WWI Hardware.
https://www.hgm.at
If help is needed with German language, feel free to write a PM!
Good luck
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.