Author Topic: I had the day off from work today.  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Rob Hart

I had the day off from work today.
« on: April 17, 2012, 12:22:19 PM »
I planted some flowers and worked on a model (Graham Hill's 1966 Indianapolis 500 winning Lola). I'm starting a new build of a WWI model this weekend (my entry into the Swanny's Models 2nd WWI model contest). I haven't decided between a Special Hobby Morane Saulnier AI or an Eduard Roland C.II. I'm leaning towards the Morane Saulnier because I want to practice on the five color French camo and I'm just not a huge fan of German subjects.

Offline ta152c

• My threads are doing iron man numbers
Re: I had the day off from work today.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 11:14:50 PM »
Nice subject, should be a cracking build. I planted 2 bushes and 1 tree in the garden last weekend. If only the soil wasn't solid clay after 8" of earth :(

Regards :)
"I hope he burned all the way down" - Mannock on hearing of the death of Manfred Von Richthofen, 1918.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 01:08:05 AM »
We're enjoying an early spring here in southern Ontario and I've mowed the grass four times already, and the inevitable dandelions are poking up their heads here and there. The older I get, the more I hate dandelions.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 08:57:57 PM »
Rain, rain and more rain, that was our summer in a part of the country that usually hovers in the high 30's (100F) all summer. Now that it is autum guess what, more rain, with heaps more predicted, at least I haven't had to top up the fish pond  :)

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 09:40:51 PM »
In the southern part of the UK, we've had 2 of the driest winters for a long time, so it was officially declared a drout on April 4th, complete with hose pipe ban etc. etc.  Guess what?  Since then it hasn't stopped raining!!!!!

Cheers

Pete.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 10:43:09 PM »
That's always the way Pete. The biggest dam in NSW has over flowed twice this year, first time in 14 years that it has been full, and our stupid state government just spent billions of dollars building a desalination plant, it is contracted to produce water until June so at a running cost of $50,000 per day it is pumping water into a dam which is over flowing, now that is what you call smart politicians. ???

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 05:42:49 AM »
I believe pouring money into wasteful projects is Government 101

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 01:33:45 PM »
Smart politicians and NSW generally don't belong in the same sentence, at least not for the last decade or so (and, yes, I definitely include the ones in at the moment).

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Edo

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 07:08:54 PM »
Smart politicians and NSW generally don't belong in the same sentence, at least not for the last decade or so (and, yes, I definitely include the ones in at the moment).

Well, well, well... I can just be happy to know that Downunder the situation is just the same than here in Italy  ;)
Except that our politicians aren't just dumb.... they are comics characters too....

ciao
Edo
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 08:38:33 PM by Edo »

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 10:44:55 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

.... and I thought I was reading about the twits we have here in the colonies.  ::)

Paddy
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 09:15:41 AM by phs Paddy »
In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 09:14:37 AM »
Well, the trouble is they aren't really dumb but cunning smart and self serving at the expense of the proletariat....

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Edo

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 10:26:52 PM »
Yes Andrew! That too is true...
Nevertheless, someone of them is REALLY dumb!

Now, listen to this (I don't know if the news came also to you...)
There is this populist party in Italy called Northe League. They are anti immigration, anti UE, xenophobes, all God and Homeland... They discriminate against souther italians as they are considered lazy and all 'mafiosi' and are against Rome central Government as it is considered corrupt....
well, the son of their leader, who has been appointed (!) to high level roles in the party and had to try 3 times before graduating at high school (!!), came out to have got his university degrees by passing 29 exames in just 15 months (!!!) at a private University in Albania (!!!!)...
If this is not dumbness...

ciao
Edo

mike in calif

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 01:53:58 AM »
29 exams in just 15 months? Daddy paid for some good tutoring!
I heard the Northern Italians just want to be Austrians...

Offline Edo

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 03:14:20 PM »
 ;D

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 10:00:56 AM »
  POLITICS : Taken from the Greek POLI meaning MANY and tics meaning BLOOD SUCKING INSECTS. 
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Who took the Red pill and became a small r republican .
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:16:28 PM by GAJouette »
" What Me Worry"